Stolen gsd puppy, bc canada - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

Stolen gsd puppy, bc canada

Hopefully someone finds and or returns her home.
Whoever stole her is a disgusting piece of filth !!!

Puppy allegedly stolen from Summerland family's home - British Columbia - CBC News

CHARGER,May, 27, 2004-Feb.2, 2016
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ZEUS, 2003-2013

SAWYER, 2015-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Elite Member

Perfect example on why I do not leave my dog alone in the yard.
Hope they find the puppy. /: Very sad.

Last edited by Bella67; 05-15-2015 at 03:59 PM.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 04:03 PM
Elite Member

Wow, Summerland is sort of in my area (4 hrs away, but we're pretty rural, so 4 hrs is "in my area" in rural terms). Poor family. I hope they find the scum who took her.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 04:22 PM

So upsetting.... I would be absolutely heartbroken.

Hoping she is found and returned safe and sound <3 ....and that whoever took her gets the karma they're due.

L.C.
Knowledge is power.

IG: @teslatheadventuredog
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 09:09 PM
Crowned Member

Thats so wrong..the person that took Grace is such a lowlife.

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 09:22 PM
Crowned Member

this is a different world we live in. and while it's really seriously truly awful that anybody would do this...the responsibility for leaving a puppy alone in a latched yard lies with the owner...doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, who is good or who is bad...the facts are that you cannot, you cannot, leave any dog alone anywhere...in your yard, in your car...anywhere but in your locked house and have that dog be safe. and even then...

but I'm so sorry this would happen to anybody because it's heartbreaking. if one person who reads this learns the lesson possibly some good will have come of an awful situation.

guard your dogs and protect them. the "bundlers" are out in force all over the country (and likely even in Canada too).

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 09:30 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katieliz View Post
this is a different world we live in. and while it's really seriously truly awful that anybody would do this...the responsibility for leaving a puppy alone in a latched yard lies with the owner...doesn't matter who is right or who is wrong, who is good or who is bad...the facts are that you cannot, you cannot, leave any dog alone anywhere...in your yard, in your car...anywhere but in your locked house and have that dog be safe. and even then...

but I'm so sorry this would happen to anybody because it's heartbreaking. if one person who reads this learns the lesson possibly some good will have come of an awful situation.

guard your dogs and protect them. the "bundlers" are out in force all over the country (and likely even in Canada too).
We can't all be with our dogs 24/7. The only one to blame is the thief that stole the dog.

I can understand your point. I mean, if something does happen, could we live with ourselves? But, the wrong doing is still squarely on the thief, not a person who keeps a dog in their yard.

I keep dogs in my yard. All but one has two fences that have to be breached before they are out. Leaving them inside my house has already proved ineffective, more than once with my brother's dog. Three times she went through a window. But my front door doesn't even lock. It is less safe than my yard.

Heidi Ho, Odie
Joy-Joy, Bear Cub, Hepsi-Pepsi
Cujo2, Karma Chameleon
Ramona the Pest, Kojak -- who loves you baby?
Tiny Tinnie, Susie's Uzzi, Kaiah -- The Baby Monster.
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Crowned Member

this isn't about blame or right or wrong. it's about doing what protects the dog the best. big difference also in leaving more than one adult shepherd in a yard or a double-fenced kennel, where the likely barking would scare off an intruder. this was a young, presumably smaller because of age, puppy.

this isn't about defending one's personal practices or talking about what works, or what is comfortable personally for an individual. this is about people realizing that, especially with young or small dogs, that there are groups of people all over the country (and likely even in other countries), that make their living stealing dogs from yards and cars. we can't even keep people safe from actual home invasions, but that's a class of criminal that is a bit more brazen than the bundlers. if they're gonna invade your home...well you have more to worry about than protecting your dog.

again I want to state very clearly that this is NOT ABOUT RIGHT OR WRONG or BLAME. it is about the reality of the situation that's happening out there and how we should be proactive in our responsibility to protect what we value.

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 04:28 PM

Found this thread by accident because I'm in BC and currently looking at puppies. I'll keep my eyes out!

Someone up the road from me had their GSD puppy stolen a couple of years ago. The puppy was in an outdoor locked kennel. The thieves just cut the lock.

Its a lesson for these that have outside unsupervised puppies.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 05-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Crowned Member

Yeah.

Puppy left out in the yard is at the mercy of whoever is out there.

Maybe it was someone trying to be a hero, "rescuing" the dog from being out in the yard alone. That puppy could eat rocks, mulch, get into all kinds of dangerous trouble.

I choose to keep my dog where I can see him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page