7 yr old German Shepherd wandered away - Update - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

7 yr old German Shepherd wandered away - Update

Some of you folks may be wondering what happened to my GSD Scooter.

I went out with the coon hunter with his dog and after only 4.5 hours, his
dog picked up my dogs trail and we followed it through some rough terrain down to a road where the dog sat down and after he retraced once more the dog sat down again. His dog sat down because the edge of the road was where the trail ends, and he believes is where my dog was picked up or got into a vehicle and drove away.
On top of this, we found mountain lion tracks and where the lion has been sleeping; this thing weighs about 180lbs. and that made me think we were going to find my dogs remains, but the man said No, that is not what happened. I wont go into the details...
I also learned that Lancaster the bulldog friend of Scooter went missing along with 3 other dogs and they have been gone 4 days, BUT, yesterday Lancaster and one of the missing 3 dogs came back home without a scratch.
So, the hunter concluded that someone probably has the 2 missing dogs and my dog Scooter.
He wants to keep Scooters bed and begin scanning vehicles in the parking lot of the local grocery store. I thought that was a great idea and he is the type of guy that won't give up. He didn't want me to pay him since we were only out a half-day and he wanted some kind of closure for me and his curiosity.
He is concerned about the mountain lion and is talking to other hunters about putting up lots of game cameras in the area; 46 calves were lost this spring and farmers blamed coyotes, but now we think its from maybe more than one mountain lion.

That's all for now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 09:27 AM

I really do hope you find Scooter and have some closure. I can't imagine if I was in your situation.. Mushu and I will pray for Scooters safe return!

Mushu - 1/20/14
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 10:18 AM

Thanks for the update. I really hope you find your guy and that he will be safe and sound. I like the creative ways you are finding to search for him. I'm glad you have people in the area who are able and willing to help, and that no one is giving up. Wishing you the best of luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 10:33 AM

Also wanted to wish you luck for a safe return. Glad you have help
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Elite Member

Thanks for the update and I am sending positive energy that this has a happy conclusion and your boy comes home safe and sound.

How is your rescue doing? How is your wife doing?

Take care and good luck!

Moriah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page