Stolen Dogs-Indianapolis,IN - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Stolen Dogs-Indianapolis,IN

A man who just recently moved to Indy had his 2 female sable German Shepherd Dogs stolen. He was at the Village Pantry at Lynhurst and Minnesota and the 2 dogs were stolen by someone in a black pick up truck. I follow a lost pet alert for Indianapolis on Fb. Here is what the post says and link to post:

LOST DOGS ALERT! Lynhurst and Minnesota – They were taken from the Village Pantry in a black truck! Two European German Shepherd Dogs – both female – mother & daughter! Sable colored! Owner has raised them since they were puppies! They went missing on 9/15 and the owner is very upset. Please help them get back to him!

He has not called the police yet, but is reporting it tomorrow, and he is trying to see if Village Pantry had surveillance. I offered to cross-post on here in case anyone local hears of someone getting 2 new females, or anyone looking for stud service. I am not sure if they are spayed or not, my concern is someone saw these dogs and saw dollar signs for breeding or flipping (which has been a problem here in Indy for the last year or two).

https://www.facebook.com/IndyLostPet...type=1&theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 10:01 PM

I just had my GSD wander off after breakfast last Tuesday.
I have been driving, hiking and handing out flyers.
I just set up a PetAmberAlert on their website. It was almost $80, but it media blasts Twitter, Facebook, calls neighbors in the area and 25 businesses in area the dog was lost. I would recommend it.
I would also tell the owner to start lurking in Craigslist and see it the "dirtbag" is trying to sell them or breed them out. If he finds his dogs in craigslist, get a detective to have his back when he interacts with the suspect(s).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page