Introducing holli!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Introducing holli!!!

I have a 7 month German Shepherd, my first dog and Shepherd she’s amazing but she’s soo stubborn I have two kids 20 month old and 9 month old so exercising her has been tough we almost had to rehome her but I’m trying everything I can to get her to listen I’m guessing she’s in the rebellious age does anyone have tips on how to help her listen? I ordered an ecollar does anyone know some training tips, I don’t wanna lose my babygirl so open to all suggestions!! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:27 PM

wow, you have your hands full. You will need some help. If you can find a good trainer who can show you how to teach your pup. They will also teach you how and when to give a "correction". Don't use an e-collar until you've watched a trainer using one on their dog. Does their dog look happy and understand what is wanted of it? That is the person that can teach you how to use an e-collar. Also, don't get a cheap e-collar, you get what you pay for and you don't want a bargain basement model.

Seriously, two toddlers and a pup is ALOT. I hope you can afford to get some help.

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2019, 09:34 PM Thread Starter

Yes it is ALOT but she’s like my third child she gets under my skin a lot but she is a really great pup and she’s amazing with the kids, my hubby did pay for her training we did three sessions but we are in the middle of moving so we will have to pick it back up when we get settled but she knows basic commands so I know that’s a start
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Crowned Member

Effort, patience, creativity ,structure and consistency are goals that will be rewarding to all. It is good to have a trainer show you how to use an e collar and as to reasons why. Ecollar are not quick fixes or short cuts more as proofing what you already taught dog and if the direction is blown off a correction is made. It is good that you take lessons from a trainer so important with first time gsd pup just to learn and get timing down with basic training before e collar is used.

You really have your hands full with two young kids. It can not be easy. When you get breaks and if not make sure you do get time for yourself try including the pup in your walks if you do not already do so to establish a strong bond. A collar with a long lead always attached When loose in how if you have trouble with rules of the house so correction can be made. When you can supervise crate your dog and when she is out have the long lead on to teach what you want and reward her good behaviors. Leave it command, place command, sit on the dog are all good things to teach your pup. They do sell inexpensive agility equipment - tunnels that may give you something to with her. Playing fetch and making a ball as a reward along with obedience instructions will help her get some exercise. There are scent work videos hide n seek games that will help keep her busy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Jenny720; 06-16-2019 at 12:59 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Yes very busy, we have been doing training but we had to stop after a couple sessions because it was getting too costly but I have tried to keep doing them at home she knows basic commands and honestly she really is a great pup she just gets distracted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page