Hello All From East Tennessee - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Hello All From East Tennessee

Hello Everyone,

We are transplants to beautiful East Tennessee and deliriously happy here.

Our wonderful boy is two years old, 100% Czech, top and bottom with very nice drives. He is proving himself to be an excellent house dog, now that he finally has run of the place.

It’s not really a surprise. He was a really good puppy; no bitey monster phase and never destructive. The universe was making it up to me for the nightmare that was his predecessor. He destroyed everything he could and ended up being a poor working prospect when all was said and done.

We lost our beloved quasi rescue GSD girl, totally unexpectedly, to cancer, right before Christmas. We only had two years with her, but, she had fit herself in so seamlessly, we can’t remember being without her.

Our boy got such great exercise with her, and they had a great relationship. He loves people and other dogs. We’re starting to think about bringing a new girl into our lives.
crittersitter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Crowned Member

Welcome! Sorry to hear about the loss of your girl. I hope the universe doesn't work in the opposite way or I am due for a monster down the road.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 03:26 AM
Elite Member

Hello from Southeast TN. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your girl. That’s heartbreaking. We’d love to see pics of your boy when you get a chance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrench View Post
Hello from Southeast TN. I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your girl. That’s heartbreaking. We’d love to see pics of your boy when you get a chance!
As you wish. Here he is in his superhero cape.

What actually happened was that he gave himself some kind of owie on his neck and the vet suggested a t shirt to keep him off of it.

I love this pic. You can so see his Czech head.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	231CEFF3-88E3-41A0-A81B-A3D60A0DDB04.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	520107  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 09:30 PM
Elite Member

Very handsome dog, great pic!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:16 AM

Hello and welcome! Your boy is very handsome. I’m not too far from you in upstate SC! We all love updates and pics around here so don’t be a stranger
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomic View Post
Hello and welcome! Your boy is very handsome. I’m not too far from you in upstate SC! We all love updates and pics around here so don’t be a stranger
Oh, don’t encourage me!

Very exciting news! I just put a deposit on a girl puppy from Raff’s breeder, aka, my Breeder for Life!

The actual breeding won’t happen for a couple of months yet, and, of course, the stars must align properly to ensure it takes. But, it’s pretty thrilling anyway.

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

Boy, howdy. How is this for a synchronicity?

Just yesterday, I paid the deposit to our Raff’s breeder for a female from an upcoming breeding. Exciting, right?

Today, I find out a full sister to Raff has suddenly become available. She was returned to the breeder by the former owner; this stuff happens. The ex owner decided she wanted a different breed.

So, the breeder and I are talking. Raff’s sister, Jada, appears healthy, except for being overweight. She’ll be seeing the vet tomorrow for a checkup and to get current on her shots.

A full sister to my beloved Raff, or a baby puppy?

Daddy made a comment about how adorable puppies are. Yeah, sure. Then maybe he would like to take over the house breaking? And watch the baby every nanosecond she’s out of her crate? Is he going to take the brunt of the Bitey Monster phase?

Raff actually was neither a Bitey Monster nor destructive chewer; he house broke with minimal input from me under the tutelage of our older female.

After over 30 years of getting baby puppies started right, the excitement is starting to wear off . . .

All of that said, I am a complete sucker for puppy breath.

But, the chance to have a full sister to Raff is to good to pass up. And at two years old, we’ll know a lot about her health and temperament.

I love Raff’s parents. His sire was truly extraordinary, and I so wanted a pup from him. He was lost bloat not long ago. Thankfully, there is frozen semen. Raff’s breeder’s focus is to preserve the old Czech bloodlines.

Anyway, the loss of Raff’s sire was a huge shock. Such a loss. I still think of him every day—a dog I never even met in person/K9 (he was a police K9 in the Czech Republic). His videos told me quite a lot, though. He was so dedicated. Absolutely no use for humans other than his handler.

Raff’s dam is all personality, super outgoing, as is he. Wonderful drives, too, as would be expected.

The biggest obstacle now is transpo now that the airlines are not taking XL crates. We have to use ground.

I feel like a can’t pass up the chance to have a full Raff sister.

Here is Jada.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	871E7F37-7ADC-49E4-9C65-A13D6D70C905.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	166.1 KB
ID:	520185  
tim_s_adams likes this.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 08:13 AM
Elite Member

Wow, that sounds like a good opportunity. Have you met her yet or are you too far away? Keep us updated and let us know what you decide.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrench View Post
Wow, that sounds like a good opportunity. Have you met her yet or are you too far away? Keep us updated and let us know what you decide.
Yes, she’s about 800 miles from here. Taking Raff’s sister would be in lieu of getting the puppy I had planned on.

It’s a bit of a tough decision. I could do the early imprinting on the puppy, exactly the way I want. In the minus column is yet another round of housebreaking, constant supervision, and all of the other joys of puppydom.

It would be great for Raff to finally be able to get to run and play with a pup his age. And we just love him so much.

Now that the airlines are not flying large crates, the transport companies are booked weeks ahead. That won’t work.

Road trip.
sebrench likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page