German Shepherds Forum banner

HI, are mixed breeds welcome?

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Darius Castillo 
#1 ·
HI all,

I have a Female German Shepard + Labrador Retriever + Belgian Malinois Mix. I am new here and want to say hi.

But I have a question. My Puppy is 12 weeks old, and her ears sometimes go up, and sometimes go down. Any chance they will stay up? What can I do to increase the chances of them staying up?

In the pictures I've attached, sometimes they are down, and sometimes they are up. I'm not sure what will happen.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! Yup GSD mixes are more than welcome here.

I was going to say that being part lab that it wouldn't be likely to have fully erect ears. Then I saw the pics you posted. Since they seem to go all the way up at times there is a good chance they will go up and stay up.

Don't worry about trying to make them stay up at this point. Even in full GSD's the ears can go up and down until teething is completed. Usually around 6-7 months. Some as late as 8 or 9 months. Providing safe chew toys and chew treats exercise the jaw muscles and is said to help the ears stay up. Aslo helps with teething.

Cute pup!

#12 ·
The Belgian In her is Pretty

WoW, She is 12 months old now.

The Belgian Malinois in her really stands out now. It's tough to say she has Labrador in her. Honestly, I don't see any Labrador at all.

Thoughts anyone?

Either way, she is very obedient and her hyper temper has calmed down around other people. Has great socialization, and is a great athlete. Guests can come over to the house, and she can remain off leash and her "stay command" is improving every week.

I believe she gets her ear size, and overall Body size from the GSD mixed in her.

She just finished her 1st heat cycle. Is this a good time to Spay her? Will Spaying her alter her emotions, athleticism, behavior?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.