I need suggestions how to stop Shane constant barking at other dogs walking by the property. When a person is walking by he is good and well come back when I call him...here are problems
1. If a dog is walking by, Shane goes into a frenzy, and depending on his mood he will either listen or continues his barking embarrassing me and scaring the crap out of the person.
2. When it is just a person walking by, Shane will bark, but once I call him, he will come. HOWEVER, if my mom or sister tries to call him, he will give them a hard time.
How I plan on training him is to
1. Use a 50 ft lead, so it will allow him room to run and then
2. Sorta borrow my neighbor's dog, have her walk constantly by the property
3. When Shane starts barking, I will use "Come" command, if he refuses to listen, I will pull him back using the lead.
4. Reward when he listens.
Is this a good method? Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks
FYI: the neighbor's dog and Shane will never met. She will always be walking OUTSIDE the property.
We are loved beyond our capacity to comprehend ~Jewel
Stewie, Orange Tabby, yrs old
Shane, GSD, 20 months