My new 3 year old rescue - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

My new 3 year old rescue

Hi
I just got a 3 year old neutered male shepherd from an individual that has had the poor thing crated for 15 hours a day for the last 3 years. He is 56 lbs and when I went over his paperwork from the vet that he saw, I was very concerned and called them immediately to address my concerns. He is a gentle boy with absolutely zero aggression. My problem is he is lime a toddler seeing the world for the first time. He knows his name but that is it. I will not put him in a crate as this is the source of his anxiety. He is completely food driven. I am consistent with the rules but he seems completely oblivious to any thing that is said to him. He is being tested for pancreatic enzymes insufficiency because he acts like he is starving and the vet wanted this test done 2 years ago but the previous owner refused the test due to the cost. Any advice? I have had shepherds before but I had them as puppies and they were crate trained. My other dog is stressed too becuase the shepherd is stalking him constantly. Any advice would he appreciated.
Thank you so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page