Who's your best friend trick? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter

Who's your best friend trick?

Is anyone familiar with this? It was a viral video a few years back, where one dog put his paws on and basically hugged the other dog when asked "who's your best friend?"

Example video:

I'd like to teach my dogs this, as they're a bit larger and I think it would be funny for two very big dogs to be able to do this to each other. I've started with Jax responding to "who's your best friend?" by putting his paws on a stool and giving him a treat. He's got that down pretty well, but when I try to motion and move the treat towards Leeroy and ask Jax to do the command, he refuses to touch Leeroy. They're very close dogs, so I don't really know why he won't do it. They seem to have no personal space issues normally. Anyone have any tips or advice for how I can go about completing this move?

Jax - 2 year old WGWL GSD, 125lbs
Leeroy - 3 year old Rottweiler Pit Bull Mix, 120lbs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 08:27 AM

I've seen two GSDs do this but it has to depend on the dog. My big boy can sit up but not for long. It is not comfortable for larger dogs, especially if they aren't sitting square on their bottom. I still think it is cute and I've never seen the steps to chain together to teach this. I'm curious, too.

OK, found this and I think it is funny. the poor "best friend" deserves extra goodies for being a good sport

about.me/car2ner
Patton CGC BH
Chief fetch fanatic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by car2ner; 01-06-2019 at 08:30 AM. Reason: added info
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 09:03 AM
Crowned Member

That’s cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page