Potty Training. HELP!!! - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

We go to vet for first time tomorrow, for 12 week shots. I will ask vet, thx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 09:49 AM

I definitely agree with ruling out the UTI. To add on to what McGloomy said - correct during the act, not after - I've gone as far as to push my puppy with two fingers (not hard, just enough to move him slightly) while saying, "Nuh-uh!" the one time he tried to pee in front of me on the carpet, then scooped him up and took him outside to finish with praise. He's had 2 accidents in the month I've had him - both times were my fault and one time was in front of me.

Patience! Block off the inside potty spot - maybe try a different cleaner to see if it makes a difference. We use Nature's Miracles (sp?) I have a carpet version and hardwood. Keep him leashed/crated/baby gated/ex-penned/etc with you. Mine just started going up the stairs without me to do his own thing (just like his mom *sighs*) so I have to be extra careful to keep an eye on him.

Edit to add: some puppies take longer to potty train than others. My shiba and Steel were/are relatively potty trained at less than 3 months old. Katsu. my female, took until 8 months to fully/reliably potty train.

+ Kalbi CGC 6/21/2015
+ Blackthorn's Out of the Frying Pan NW1 SCN BCAT SIN RATN TKN (Katsu) 9/12/2017
+ Blackthorn's Skofnung CGC TKN RATI RATO (Steel) 07/23/2018
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 07:13 PM

Has anyone tried this method? Does it actually work? I know about the bell part for signaling, but more about the crating only approach until he/she is housebroken.

Thanks

Pumpkin's mom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 10:15 PM
Master Member

Let us know how it goes!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 06:31 PM

I have a 4 month old female got her at 3 months she was never inside , never socialized at all so she is scared of her own shadow , now its snowing she wont poop on the snow , I keep her with me at all times , she gets down as soon as were not looking and pees
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in