How to make her bark? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kcxgsd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

How to make her bark?

My GSD is barking at daily basis (at strangers) and has a solid bark. And I would like to teach her barking on command (and quiet on command).

However I don't want to train her while she is barking at stranger, because I don't want to intimidate random people. Plus due to language barier I can't explain them that we are just training. So I'm looking for an alternative ways how to make her bark. Random noises from youtube (barking, sirens, animals), teasing her with toys or food...nothing works. Any ideas or tips how to start her going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 01:55 PM

I'm also interested in the responses. My pup doesn't bark much either. It's hard to teach him to speak when I don't want to encourage barking at other dogs. 🙄
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:27 PM

Hi the way I taught my boy was to use youtube dog barking sounds and treated him when he barked. Then I added the command, then I did without the noise.

For a little bit when I told him to bark, he would bark at me. But I wanted to get him to bark at someone or some things so I used his favorite toy. I would throw it and give him the command and if he barked at it I would release him. I also taught him a "be alert command" and ill say it and give him the bark command as well and he'll stand up tall, look around and bark.

Good luck in finding what triggers her bark!
andywhite likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpage24.87 View Post
I'm also interested in the responses. My pup doesn't bark much either. It's hard to teach him to speak when I don't want to encourage barking at other dogs. 🙄
Yea, training him like this made him start barking at other dogs barking too! But he doesn't anymore and ignores it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page