13 week old puppy CONSTANTLY peeing from fear/excitement! - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dainerra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

13 week old puppy CONSTANTLY peeing from fear/excitement!

I have a 13 week old female German Shepherd and Husky mix mix.
Whenever we're playing, put a leash on her collar, open the door, hold her, etc. she will pee without knowing. I don't know how to correct this, as she doesn't know that she's even peeing. She will smell something she likes, pee, runs to go outside, pee. I give her food, pee. Most of the times it's a couple drops, enough to notice, but occasionally she will just pee drops for about a minute running around stepping in it dragging it around the floor more and I just don't know what to do.
When I pick her up, or hold her, she will wiggle and wiggle and whine peeing from being scared until I put her down.
Not to mention that she CONSTANTLY whines all the time.
I don't know what to do.
Also how do I teach her to come when called, stop jumping on me, and stay when told?
LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Anyone? :/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Crowned Member

for the submissive urination, you don't correct it. Simply ignore it, clean it quietly and don't mention it. She'll most likely outgrow it as she matures.

Coming when called, say her name. When she looks at you, reward. Do all recall training with her on-leash so that you can urge her in if she gets distracted. Start from a few steps away and work up from there. Never call her unless you can insure that she will obey. If not, go get her instead.

Stay, you start very small. have her sit still for a couple seconds with you standing right beside her. Advance to taking one step and then instantly back to her side. baby steps.
For the jumping, start having her sit for all attention. At her age, you can gently guide her butt to the floor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page