So I have few problems with my dog. - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

So I have few problems with my dog.

He's 6 months old and uh I have to admit he is pretty big already ! I'm a teenager and my grandma aswell as aunt and uncle own a german shepherd dog that I see 3 times per weekend since I live on the other location. I really love my dog and well he just went through kindergarden when he was 4 months old and as far as we see he only listens when he wants some treats or food otherwise he's really energetic he jumps on all of us and he even tries to bite us we do have toys to distract him but as soon as I let him out of the box he goes nuts and starts jumping on me aswell as tries to bite me but that's of course from the fun because he wants to play he acts totally differently and I know that he isn't angry and wants to attack me because when I go walking and he see's a cat or something his back fur goes really up and he has the deep barking tone, all though he never barks at me. We've been thinking and made a choice that he's gonna go to school but they said that he can only go there when he's going to be 1 year and 3 months old so how could we teach him right now that he shouldn't bite us ? I don't mind him jumping on me but just how can he stop biting us ? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 11:17 PM
Crowned Member

I would suggest to turn your back, put your hands up by your chest, totally ignore the dog, He may jump on your back - ignore that. When he has calmed down, then give him attention - take him for a walk, play with him - tug but let him win after a struggle. When he gets excited, he will get mouthy, so whenever he does get worked up -ignore him. Be sure he gets plenty of exercise and play with him so he has an outlet for his energy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2016, 12:52 AM

yea make sure he gets enough exercise
i am just assuming since you didn't bring up exercise and if he's just cooped up inside his crate he will be excited to play with you especially if he's not getting enough exercise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page