How to get them to talk. It's complicated. - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM
Elite Member

I recently deleted a "Dog Sounds" app off my phone, because it made all of my dogs go Nuts and I couldn't stop ROFL. Was afraid it would amuse me too much and turn into a laser pointer kind of disaster, lol!

It had barkng dogs, howling dogs, whining, snarling etc...all different dog sounds.

Amy and the dogs,

Jack - male GSD b. 8/9/10
Lillian - female Weimaraner b. ~2005
RIP Mattie - female GSD 10/18/02 - 7/24/2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

JackandMattie - LOL! I will have to look into that.

Thank you for all the responses. I will see what I can come up with.

~ Jesi
Gunner - GSD (Adopted 6/29/12) - Registered Therapy Dog Inc.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hero - GSD ( Awaiting at the bridge for me )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 03:41 AM

You've already gotten some great advice Kzoppa is on the same track as I. My dog learned this rather quickly, I got her at 4wks by 8wks she was speaking on command.
Might not be much help you've probably tried all this as you mentioned treats did not work. I would simply hold a treat by my mouth asking her to speak sometimes barking at her or hiding the treat behind my back until she spoke on command, only then would I give her the treat & praise her.
She's a very vocal little girl anyways though. I looked quite crazy doing it but we have now moved on to trying to sound out words. She hasn't quite gotten it yet but she will break momma up into a two syllable woof. Good luck, some dogs just aren't as vocal as others may take a while before you get him to speak when you want him to. Persistence is always key!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page