Favorite Tricks & Combination Tricks - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Favorite Tricks & Combination Tricks

Hello all!

Just wanted to start a fun thread for our furry friends and there silly antics. As the title suggests, favorite tricks and combination tricks that simply crack you up, or your dog seems too enjoy!

One of my favorites is too hault in the middle of a agility training session and watch my male tilt his head at me like O_o comon dad lets keep going and he just sits there lol

My favorite combination is when my female gets hyper and will start doing push ups trying to please me, she rotates through basic commands when hyper trying to predict what im gonna command her; she'll dive at my heel, than stand, than down, than stand, than down, look at me, speak, run across the room than dive back at a heel - cracks us up everytime she gets what we call "puppy energy"

I'd love to hear everyone elses funny stories - and possibly learn a couple new tricks i havn't taught the two yet.

Have fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Crowned Member

My Sting taught himself tricks with the goal of getting what he wants. As a puppy, he would run around with his empty food bowl and go up to people - yes, he got handouts. As an adult, he has learned that one small woof, head cocked, and looking at the front door will have his well trained human go get the mail and reward him for sitting by the door.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 PM
Master Member

You can pretty much put anything on Kane and he will stay. Toys....food....whatever. lol

Toys.

Food.
(His favorite....triscuits)

And he will lay there until I release him.

~ Jess ~

"Kane" 2-12-09

“I believe in integrity. Dogs have it. Humans are sometimes lacking it.”
Cesar Milan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 02:04 AM
Elite Member

I was trying to teach the "bang" command--when you shoot the dog with your finger and he falls over dead. Havoc was getting it, but he didn't really like doing it so he'd only play dead for a few seconds and be very reluctant about lying down. At some point we added Zombie Dog. He'd get shot "bang" then he would slowly and reluctantly keel over onto his side and lay motionless for a second than I'd yell "Zombie Dog" and he'd jump up and mouth my arms and snap at my face. He liked that part.

We haven't had time alone to work on combinations. He and Tempest actually twirl for treats in unison which is the best that I've ever done with multiple dogs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page