Random separation anxiety!!! Pls help!
Ok, I have a gsd named Rambo, who just turned 1 1/2 years old today. He has been with me since he was 3 months and his separation anxiety has become a bigger issue because he's gotten bigger himself. When he was smaller, he would spitefully pee or poo inside the crate, even after I relieved him right before I left the house for 5 minutes. He is crate trained, he sleeps, eats, and plays inside his crate. However, if there is no one home he HATES the crate. He chews through EVERYTHING BUT his toys and I leave him a variety of toys and bones. It has gotten so bad that I have to padlock it because he escapes and goes through my furniture. Just to name a few, he has already eaten through 3 sofas, an entire bed and its frame, and manage to warp the metal of the crate. I honestly don't know what to do anymore.. I am going back to school in a week and I work for three hours a day now. So I will be gone for a total of maybe 6 hours a day but I will be with him in between school and work. I have tried EVERYTHING!!! & I CANNOT GIVE HIM AWAY! but this is what its coming down to since I live at home with my parents now. Oh and the worst part about it is not the furniture, I can always get new furniture, but he makes his long snout all bloody and ripped up! I have had people stop me in the street thinking that I abuse my dog, cause that's what it looks like but he's doing it to himself =( please someone help me..
- I walk him 30min - an hour each walk twice a day
- I run him for an hour AT LEAST during the walks, playing with ball, frisbee, other dogs
- I have two other dogs that live with him
- I tried to leave him out when I leave, but goes through furniture, TVs, remotes, EVERYTHING
- I tried muzzle but it makes his face puffy because he tries to take it off and he still manages to chew through things with the muzzle