She gets mad when we get home late!!! HELP!!! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

She gets mad when we get home late!!! HELP!!!

First of all this is not about my GSD, I love that guy he doesn't give us any trouble at all!!!

However, I have a 5.4lbs earthquake at home called Pritzy! We usually get home around 6pm and find everything ok, she pees in her diaper and plays with her toys and naps all day... BUT, if for whatever reason we get home passed 7pm she will destroy everything and anything she can get a hold of!

We leave her in the hallway with a gate about 3ft tall blocking her from the rest of the house. Well yesterday we got home around 8pm (working overtime) and the house was a mess!!! She jumped over the fence ripped newspaper, ripped her diaper, went potty all over the living room and kitchen...

How can I train her to stop this behavior??? Again I can leave her in the whole house and she will be a good girl UNLESS we get home late... I know this has something to do with her getting bored but she has plenty of toys! Crate training is out of the question on weekdays since we are gone from 6am-6pm most of the days... should I crate train her on weekends? Any sort of help is greatly appreciated (Just please don't attack me and tell me I'm a bad owner lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

She's a maltipoo and she's about 5 1/2 months if that helps.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:17 PM

She's not mad, she's bored. Exercise her more in the morning, find something that occupies her longer or get someone to come over and take her out. Or, crate her.

Have you ever looked at one of those timed toy dispensers? That may be a good way to give her something brand new to catch her attention later in the day.

Jamie

Raven (GSD) - December 8, 2007
Kaiser (GSD) - November 2009
Holly (GSD) - March 24, 2011

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:23 PM
Banned

Is keeping a diaper on a dog all day bad for them??
I would think she'd be prone to UTIs from that...?
Are piddle pads out of the question? Also yes, she's probably bored and could benefit from someone coming in on long days and visiting her, etc.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdraven View Post
She's not mad, she's bored. Exercise her more in the morning, find something that occupies her longer or get someone to come over and take her out. Or, crate her.

Have you ever looked at one of those timed toy dispensers? That may be a good way to give her something brand new to catch her attention later in the day.
timed toy dispensers ?? Could you post some links?

Thanks!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvette2u View Post
Is keeping a diaper on a dog all day bad for them??
I would think she'd be prone to UTIs from that...?
Are piddle pads out of the question? Also yes, she's probably bored and could benefit from someone coming in on long days and visiting her, etc.

Yes I'm sorry that's what I meant she ripped her piddle pad! There's no way someone can go check on her during the day though... My GSD stays outside so I'm afraid of leaving her outside with him because although he is gentle with her he's big and strong, and I'm afraid he might accidentally hurt her. I cannot believe such a small dog can destroy so much in such little time lol
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsdraven View Post

I've never heard of timed toy dispensers! She loves toys so I will definitely look into this! Thank you
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapakus View Post
timed toy dispensers ?? Could you post some links?

Thanks!
I'm having internet issues today so you'll have to google it.

Jamie

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Crowned Member

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-23-2011, 12:46 PM

Thanks, Lauren. This is the only site that is working consistently for me today.

Jamie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page