get along with the new cat? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-31-2010, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

get along with the new cat?

Hunter is now one years old today yay and he loves kitty cats I have a 12 year old cat and he does fine he does not chase her, he just wants to play and whines at her and does not know that hiss means no not yes. Well today I got a early b-day gift a new kitten, the kitten is 4 or 5 months old my friend was taking care of it and his sisters my friend also has two dogs but they are old and have lived with cats and kittens for a long time. Hunter just wants to chase the kitten and play with him so bad how do i get him to not to try and eat his new baby brother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Elite Member

Rota dog/cat till the kittys bigger. My girl is very good with our older cats but the kitten not so much. I have to watch her very close. She has picked the kitten up by the head 3 times now and has carried her around. She droped her when I said DROP. But the kitten jus sat there coverd in spit and clearly ****** off. But yet she jus hangs there like she's dead she is not alowed around the kitten and must leave it when I say leave it. I'm to scared to let them alone Bella would acedently kill lil Sassy.

~Christen
REBEL~PIT BULL
BATISTA~SHAR PEI
BANDIT~CHI/YORKIE
GABE~RAT TERRIE/CORGIE
ANGLE~RAT TERRIER/CORGIE
PEPPER~RAT TERRIER
HONEY~CHIHUHUHA
REBA~ENGLISH BULLDOG
OLIVER~MUTT
CHEWIE~POM MIX
LEVI~PAP/CHI
SISSY~MUTT
LUCY~WHENIER MIX
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

i must rewrite cause Kenji just deleted my post. Anyway um thanks hunter wants to play with kenji my new kitten and he does fin with nala my 12 year old, it is just yesterday did not go so well hunter met kenji again and kenji went under the bed and hunter was trying to fit also it looked like he wanted to eat him, my mom says to put hunter in a sit and stay it is just hunter is the size of a house to kenji and kenji is the size of a toy to hunter and on another note the dogs have never heard a cat purr before so they could not but just help and stare at kenji thro the dog gate and kenji purrs all the time so maybe hunter thinks his new brother is a new moving toy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page