how can i start training? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

how can i start training?

hello guys
i have my 9 weeks old puppy and he is really full of joy, always running and biting stuff and jumping, so i feel it's really hard to train this kid, he keeps running all the area and when he comes near me he lays down and i can't even train him to sit or stuff, what shell i do? any advices? any links and videos can help or book? do i need any stuff? like a clicker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 08:28 AM

firstly congrats on your new pup, they are alot of fun aren't they?. I would suggest signing up for puppy class to start him off with socialization. Also there are some youtube videos you can use like this one for instance, if you go on her page she has lists of videos for some training ideas

YouTube - kikopup's Channel

and also some of the tricks and training tips from hunkymonkeykaine, she does clicker training
YouTube - hunkymonkeykaine's Channel

I also have some of leerburg's puppy vdeos i have your puppy from 8 weeks to 8 months, basic obedience and establishing pack structure with the family pet vidos. He has lots of great ideas but i don't use all of his training techniques. Leerburg's ideas and along with a few others i've seen from youtube helped with the training process. Going to puppy class will help you get started as well!. Good luck .

Since your puppy is brand new work on your bonding time and keep training sessions short and fun . There are also lots of books on how to train a puppy too. To name a few i have one called culture clash and other end of the leash. Loved dog by Tamar Gellar and The power of positive dog training Pat Miller.

Last edited by Josiebear; 07-10-2010 at 08:33 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 05:58 PM
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

The MOST important thing for a new puppy is crate training, socialization, exercise and LOVE !!!!!! That's socialization, exercise and LOVE in the home as well as at your friends/neighbors and in the world beyond!

I personally do love clicker training. All positive, keeping training sessions super short for a puppy, and then go on with the rest of the day...

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page