Dog Training Tutorial: Off-Leash Exercise (Send-Off) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Dog Training Tutorial: Off-Leash Exercise (Send-Off)

Love this guy, new video with shaping and OFF leash 'come' with distractions instruction...

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 07:44 AM

really cool! I'll give that a try today! there should be more videos online like this! It was easy to understand, and informative, i would have never thought of an open door as a distraction!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 08:37 AM

well that's no fair.... that gorgeous dog is clearly a genius!!!!

lol I'm going to find more of his videos. I recall seeing one or two others and he definitely knows his stuff!

Jennifer
Riley 2/25/10 Tucker (Lab) 10/10/03
plus assorted cats in different flavors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 03:19 PM

I like him! He has really done his homework!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 04:17 PM

Maggie, Tried this today with my dogs, stauba has part one down perfect!! she's gone right to her "place" (currently the wii balance board LOL, i didnt have anything else she could really stand on) every random time i've asked her through out the day (distraction free of course)! She even focused better than usual while doing this. Ashen didnt quiet get it...he just slapped his paw on the board repeatedly...it was actually really cute...got it a couple times then was fed up and layed down half on and off the board hahaha. We'll just have to try again tomorrow. Thanks for the great video!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-05-2010, 04:49 PM

Great video. Thanks!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 10:37 PM

Wow and thanks for pointing me in this direction. I can't wait to try some of the other tips. I watched a bunch of his training tutorials this evening (got sucked in very easily) and decided to try out the 'Leave It' lesson. After a brief amount of time, I can now put a piece of chees on the floor under Boss' nose and he just looks at me with his very expressive and pleading eyes....made me feel so bad....but this will come in very handy while out on walks and I know the neighbor's cat will appreciate it!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via Skype™ to paulag1955
I love this guy's videos! He gives me hope!

Paula
Shasta - GSD (4/30/10)
Thor - GSD (3/12/12)
RIP Duchess - Shetland Sheepdog (12/25/88 - 2/14/04)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 12:18 AM

this guy is great...MRL posted a different vid of his somewhere and i was hooked. i ended up watching a bunch of his other vids, and today i went and bought a clicker. completely awesome tool. im really excited about the potential here. today was day 1 and Goonie was great. taught him "leave it" in like 20 min. also reinforced the things he already knew a little bit. cant wait to keep going tomorrow!!

..and thanx to Maggieroselee, for her great posts. for they have made me an newly inspired clicker trainer
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 01:16 AM Thread Starter
The Agility Rocks! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizdumb View Post
this guy is great...MRL posted a different vid of his somewhere and i was hooked. i ended up watching a bunch of his other vids, and today i went and bought a clicker. completely awesome tool. im really excited about the potential here. today was day 1 and Goonie was great. taught him "leave it" in like 20 min. also reinforced the things he already knew a little bit. cant wait to keep going tomorrow!!

..and thanx to Maggieroselee, for her great posts. for they have made me an newly inspired clicker trainer
Love that you love the clicker! It's a blast. Funny how I still watch and learn from the videos too, shaping, timing, random reinforcment, capturing behaviors, DON'T RUSH AND GO TO FAST (big problem for me ) , look at your pup if they aren't getting it it's cause I'm rushing, too much too fast to confusing so THINK and work it out...

Clicker training has made me a smarter trainer, and also one that pays more attention to what my dog is trying to figure out. Not 'making' them do it OR ELSE!

Miss Osin Blue Wildhaus NA NAJ NF

"Nothing new can come into your life unless you are grateful for what you already have. ~ "--- Michael Bernhard, gratitude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page