Vader ran off - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Vader ran off

Vader took off yesterday. I was taking him outside, he was on his leash, he sat and waited until I said, "good baby", so we cold begin our walk. Instead, he lunged forward, I wasn't able to hang onto his leash, and he was gone! I couldn't find him anywhere. I was so afraid he would get caught on something because his leash was still hooked to his collar, or hit by a car, or taken....While inside, checking in w/ hubby (at work), someone tied him to his run in our yard. Wish I knew who to thank. He is chipped, but somewhere/sometime on his "adventure", his tags were lost. I have to be more careful!!! I'd never forgive myself if something happened to him. He's always been impulsive, but when did he get so strong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:05 AM
Master Member

Don't know how old he is but his impulsiveness may decrease with age. And training. This is one of those events that can (should?) get you enthused about training so that he comes back to you when you call him.

Proud papa of
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. RIP Dana.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 12:55 PM

maybe teach a stop comand or a more reliable recall?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page