sitting in tight spaces - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

sitting in tight spaces

Hi I'm new here but I thought I would ask a question about my German Shepherd.... she seems to like to scrunch herself up in tight places... why is this? She has trouble getting out after...

She is 13-14 years old we adopted her 2 years ago, she is in fairly good shape other than achy hips...

she also hates other dogs and freaks at the sight of them and ummm ya tries to attack them but... thats besides the point why does she like to sit in small spaces? also its a big pain because she scrunches herself up in front of the stairs to the basement and when we tell her to get up she moves but then flops right back down... lol its a pain because we have to go through there often.....

could it be she just wants to keep an eye on us all? oh she is a purebred
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Master Member

Hello and

Not sure why she does it, but ours does also. 8 month old Timber loves small spaces! He cannot sleep at night without his head either under the bed or my dresser. He has also gotten himself stuck under the bed countless times! And his favorite resting spot is in our small bathroom.

My best guess, for us is that he feels more comfortable. He can be nervous at times, so I think the small space helps to make him feel more secure. In your situation, I would think the same thing also. It has to be hard adjusting to a new environment at her age.

Good luck with your senior girl! She is lucky to have you!

Weiss Timberwolf von Sangmeister - born 06/10/09
Roxy the Rockstar Kardashian - born 09/02/10
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

ya she has definitely improved over 2 years now if only we could get her to socialize with other dogs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page