To start all over? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

To start all over?

I posted this in the General Behavior... but i do ask how to... so im not sure where to post it...

(im not sure if its odd or not )
So i have had Sydnee for a 5weeks or so... she will be 2 in May...

For the first two weeks she was house broken.... she was really good about letting us know she needed to go outside to potty... as well as knowing basic commands... and at this point we didnt really have a routine...

So finally we made a schedule for her like her eating, walks, etc.

she sleeps inside my brothers room on her own little bed... and like i said, for the first two weeks she would let him or I know when she would want to go out... But it seems like after we tried to have a routine, she would not even bother trying to tell us... she would just go in the house(to the point where she had no idea she ever went outside)... and developed a very wired whine when we would wake in the morning jumping at us while snapping at our hands... i have somewhat controlled that part... just wondering why she developed it... (this all started happening a week or so ago)

As for the basic commands... it seems like she has no interest in doing them at certain times... i work with her everyday(for the most part) but there is only soo much i know how to train with her... there will be times where she listens like an angel.. and other times where its like she had no training at all....

Its getting to the point where i would like to start all over with her... i dont know if that is ok to do...and if i did... what would be the best way to do it? like: how do i teach her to go potty outside? how to restore all basic commands? how do i properly socialize her with other dogs?(she can be very aggressive and barky with them)

Im not sure how she was with her previous owners... they said she lived with another dog... and yet i have no idea why she cannot trust any of them...

If there are any question u have to help better understand please ask...

Please

``Eddie``

Sydnee- 1year 8months GSD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 11:41 AM
Elite Member

I know you are new, and frustrated, but it is against board rules to post multiple posts in different threads. I know you mean well, but you can imagine the craziness that multiple post create.

-Kira

Fur Family:
Dakota "Koda" GSD 02/20/2008
Chloe Calico 9/21/2007

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too"
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM
The Italian One

Duplicate thread. Please see ---> https://www.germanshepherds.com/forum...behaviour.html

Home of Sundance, Butch & Wyatt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page