Discouraging Escape? (Non-GSD) - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Discouraging Escape? (Non-GSD)

We have two Frenchies with a lot of issues, as far as training goes. (Since no one's really worked with them).

I've been walking them and working with them on certain things, but one of the biggest problems we have with them is trying to keep them in the house when the door opens. They'll squeeze their way out between your feet.

How can we keep them from bolting out the door? I've been working with Aiden - when I go to walk Yoda (to work on his leash manners), Aiden tries to get out. It took me about ten minutes to get out the door today because I made him stay back. He was shaking and screaming he was so excited! I felt bad.
I know how I can get out the door without him bolting, but it takes a while, and as soon as I'm out the door, he starts screaming and crying. It sounds like someone's being murdered inside! (Our neighbor is a cop and called my mom because he heard them screaming and he was concerned.)

The boys have separation anxiety issues when they're away from one another, but I HAVE to work with them one at a time. Aiden is really good on a leash, and Yoda... not so much. Plus I think it'd be very difficult to try and train them both at the same time. I want to be able to focus on one dog, and him focus on me.

Sorry this is so long.

Ozzy - Chocolate Pom
-FDCh-G
-TF-III
-Fastest 2012/2013 U-FLI Pomeranian

"In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
Elite Member

Re: Discouraging Escape? (Non-GSD)

do they know a stay command?

steve

"ok, go get your crack head"
tyson v. newbury- PSA PDC

"h*ll on wheels"
lucia v. logan haus - ruler of the world

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page