I don't know what to do.... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

I don't know what to do....

I use a prong on ryder, ( the prong appears to be to tight cause there is no room for the pop, it just stays tight, but if i put another link in it is too big.)because he is dog aggressive and suprisingly we are able to keep him under control with this...However he does not like for my girls to be ahead of him and he whines and barks and will take the lead to the full extent and not bother him...We have started spaying him with water when he whines and cries and that works marvelous, but i can' tget him to quit pulling, its not as bad on the prong but i would like to be able to walk him and have a loose leash... I would really like for ryder to walk by my side not in front. Any suggestions?
Now with snoop he pulls like crazy, omg i can't even believe how bad he is...At the moment i am using a choke collar but need to get him out of it because he does pulll until he is gagging and coughing....Now i have started spraying him with water when he pulls,and then i say easy and he is fine for a little bit but like ryder i would love it if he would walk by my side. and we had a very nice walk yesterday, but he has already figured out to dodge the water, so what should i do there....

Andrea.....

Love all my kids 2 and 4 legged.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Crowned Member

Re: I don't know what to do....

You need to go up a link. I left Jax's tag collar on to stop the prong from sliding down.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to Tbarrios333

I think a lot of dogs are like that when someone gets ahead of them.
Have you tried turning around or standing still before even thinking of using the prong?
The idea is that you let him calm down before you continue on the walk.

Praise and treat when he walks next to you?

Owned by Nini and McKinley.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Crowned Member

Have some slack in leash when he doe sthat turn, correct and way different way then turn back and have him heel
That is what my trainer told me to do
and it works

Dawn
GSRNE Volunteer
"A dog a day keeps the Doctor away!"

proudly owned by:
Brady von Barren Berg, CGC GSD 5/4/05
Cooper von Nordosten, GSD 12/27/10
Missy, Chocolate Lab 3/9/03
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page