crapping in the house - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

crapping in the house

i have a 3 year old female, and i cannot get her to stop crapping in my house. i work all day, and i come home on lunch and the dog just likes to crap when ever she pleases to. Its the same routine let her and my male out plenty of times, exercise, etc... I can leave for one hour and pow theres a gift, or while i sleep. Its not daily but enough to drive me crazy. ive done every thing i know except keep her in a create her whole life...... I paid way to much for her to be outside and that she can break out of anything.. your help is needed.

Double T Bohica Vom Vozouky

I Karma Von Haus Cimmerian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Re: crapping in the house

You don't have to keep her in a crate her whole life. I'd treat her like a new puppy.
Is she on a feeding schedule? If not, that would help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The most powerful feeling is the knowing you belong, and you are right were you should be
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

o ya, morning and evening, it has never changed. the only thing is where she goes, i stopped the basement she went up in the attic, i stopped that and now its on my rug in my living room. But if she breaks down the gate she will poop and pee down stairs and then my male will then pee on that. weird espically i have trained with alot of people and i cant get anything to work. but she can be inside for 12 hours and now problem, its when i do come home let them out and come back there it is, kinda like should left dad!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Crowned Member

how long have you had her? how long has she been doing this? is she spayed? what are the things you have already done ("everything i know except crate, etc.")? i'm wondering too if it's possibly a physical problem. just today on this board i read of a female who had a urinary tract infection, symptoms were pooping-related (who ever would have thought?). so first you'll have to rule out a physical/illness cause, then it would be time for a behaviorist (not to be confused with a trainer). glad you recognize that outside is not the answer. bet you will get lots of advice to utilize a crate tho. does she also have separation anxiety ("she can break out of anything"). so hey, welcome to the board. where are you in michigan?

mom to the cashman
the rescues...jeni-take-a-ride, and the c-monster
shangri la's seraphina blue (RIP 8/1/15)
hearthside's cinderfella (RIP 4/20/09)
shep von bellefontaine (RIP 6/9/10)
cricket (african grey RIP 7/13)
voodoo lily (dsh RIP 8/15)
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
Crowned Member

you cannot have a contest of wills with these dogs, from reading your posts i feel like you are misinterpreting her behavior. these issues cannot be "trained" away. you have to find out what is causing the behavior. behavior being the key word.

mom to the cashman
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Crowned Member

Welcome from another in MI!! I hope you find a solution to this... The diet can play into how often one goes. My barely 4 month old only goes a couple times per day/raw fed. If your dog is eating fillers, then you'll get more waste. Waste of $$ too.

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

ive tried to award like no other when i see her out side, not letting her see me pick it up, correct her with the nose to crap, to yelling at the top of my lungs. thats when its like several days in a row. and create her.

she has been doing pretty much her whole life, i named her Karma thinking i am a good person and things should go good for me. opps mistake. She is a working dog, drive like no other that ive seen or work with, when i train my male. That another problem she doesnt settle down and its ball ball ball and ball. i think she forgets.

when i say break out of anything i mean it, she is something else so the separation anxiety is not being with my male.

I am in Bay city and thank you i look foward to on the board.

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:13 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Quote:correct her with the nose to crap
the only thing that's going to do is make your dog think you insane.

you need to catch her in the act. Say No, we don't do that firmly. Then you pick it up and take it outside where you deposit it where you want it and tell her 'Your Poop goes here!'

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

i have played around on how much i give her, but never the time since i leave to work at 8 and get home at 6. but every day come home for a hour to run them or let them out.

post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Crowned Member

i can tell you are becoming very frustrated with the situation. you've not said anything about whether you've had a thorough work-up at a good veterinary clinic.

mom to the cashman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page