What is the worse trick you taught them... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Phazewolf Send a message via Yahoo to Phazewolf
What is the worse trick you taught them...

I have been thinking lately that wile we all try and teach out dogs all these cool tricks there has to be a few that for what ever reason backfired on us too along the way. Here's mine. My dog Shadow does not like my friend who I have known for years his name is Chris. I have joked around with him when he stops by and use to say kill Chris wile she was barking and now if I say it she starts barking and running to the door and windows looking for him. This was funny at the time but someday may not be too good. She calms down after he sits down for a wile when he stays here and does not try to eat him but still not too good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 PM

Re: What is the worse trick you taught them...

Well, I can't take the credit (or blame) for one particular trick, but years ago I had a Shep/Husky mix that came from the ASPCA.

Someone had taught him to grab hats off of people. I mean, literally jump up and snatch a hat right off someone's head.

My old girls learned the word "scrat" (which we used for "Squirrel" and "Chickenmunks" for "Chipmunks"). Whenever we'd see one raiding the birdfeeders out in the yard, all we had to do was say, "OOoohhh...that dirty SCRAT!!!" and all three of them would shoot out the doggy door into their yard, barking like maniacs trying to protect us from the big evil squirrels. Only trouble was, anything that sounded even remotely like SCRAT would set them off....

I haven't had my newest girls yet to have taught them anything annoying or questionable...I'm sure there will be something, though.

Sarge *Rescue dog* 11/14/96 - 11/14/08
Samantha - 7/9/95 - 3/10/09
Amy *Rescue dog* - 4/1/96 - 6/2/09

****Rest Well, My Sweeties****

Lucy & Nikki - *Rescue dogs* Born 6/11/08

Adopted us: 3/31/09
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 03:46 PM

getting ice cubes from the dispenser!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to Tbarrios333

Quote:
Originally Posted By: moeigetting ice cubes from the dispenser!
LOL I can just imagine that one!

Owned by Nini and McKinley.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Knighted Member

Quote:

Nadia - GSD -DOB 12-29-07
Zisso - GSD- DOB 9-16-07
Pepe & Kiki`my sweet kitties

Zisso is my heart~Nadia is my Love~My kitties bring me everything in between~Together they bring me Joy!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Master Member

I can't take credit for this as it is the ONLY thing this dog was taught before he came to us....but he opens doors (I mentioned this in the dogs in the bathroom thread). He turns his head sideways, puts mouth to knob and turns it. He knows which doors push and which pull, and which just require a push to the handle rather than a turn (like the back screen door). It is a most annoying trick!

Our old bitch played the get the vole game- that was a backfire. When she was just a little, little puppy of maybe 8 weeks we watched a nature video about wolves. It showed them pouncing through the snow to get the voles below. We started putting our hand under the blanket and saying get the vole. We taught her to pounce....which has been interesting when she is playful and you are asleep under the covers....

Join Beast on Facebook:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to Tbarrios333

Quote:
lol, we need a picture or video of the pupper in action

And LOL that's so funny! I need a pup to pounce on me in the mornings when I don't want to get up
I like this thread!

Owned by Nini and McKinley.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: dogsnkiddosI can't take credit for this as it is the ONLY thing this dog was taught before he came to us....but he opens doors (I mentioned this in the dogs in the bathroom thread). He turns his head sideways, puts mouth to knob and turns it. He knows which doors push and which pull, and which just require a push to the handle rather than a turn (like the back screen door). It is a most annoying trick!

Our old bitch played the get the vole game- that was a backfire. When she was just a little, little puppy of maybe 8 weeks we watched a nature video about wolves. It showed them pouncing through the snow to get the voles below. We started putting our hand under the blanket and saying get the vole. We taught her to pounce....which has been interesting when she is playful and you are asleep under the covers....
that open the door thing made me

its funny, if its not your dog it just sounds hilarious

Sashi
ALWAYS REMEMBERED
Sept 1, 1999- Aug 11, 2008

Neek
Our special needs Rescue
adopted 09-March
4 yr old
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 04:59 PM

Taught him to ring a bell (suspended next to the door) when he needs to go outside. Now he rings the bell when he wants to go outside and PLAY BALL.

There's lots of bell ringing in this house!

To train a dog, you must be more interesting than dirt.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2009, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Send a message via AIM to Phazewolf Send a message via Yahoo to Phazewolf

Shadow has one other trick I like but my wife hates. On command she will go from where ever she is on the bed and take over my wife's pillow and then will do a nice stay and she has to drag her more or less off of it. I do this every time she gets up to goto the bathroom at night sense I find it funny still.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page