Teach your dog to shut the door! - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Teach your dog to shut the door!

Okay funny story Nikkia always likes to open the door and come into the bathroom while I'm doing my business then she doesn't shut it! So a while back ago I taught her the up trick where I tap something and say up and she'll jump up and put her paws on it. So I opened the door to my bed room tapped the door and said up she jumped up and slammed the door shut I gave her a treat and told her "Good Door!" we did this a few more times then I started taking a step back each time until she was to the point where she would do it while I was laying on my bed. Then my mom came downstairs to see who was slamming the doors, I almost got in trouble but when she saw I was training Nikkia she just laughed rolled her eyes and walked back upstairs LOL. That has been her favorite trick this week she shuts the front door the pantry door and any other door she can find to shut LOL. For any of you who have doggies who don't like to shut the door behind them this may be a trick you would like to try and teach them!

~MacKenzie

Shakar (Foster) - Born: 2/15/05 - Sable GSD - No longer in my care, forever in my heart
Nikkia - Born: 3/24/07 Sable GSD
Kavik (Rescue) - Born: 2/2/12 - GSD / Husky X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Teach your dog to shut the door!

Cute trick - I just bought a heavy duty spring for my back door because the puppy has been opening it from both sides but he's not paying attention to close it!

-Jenn

Venus of Crooked Creek 1/26/13
Otto von Hena-C 05/23/08
Morgan Donnermond 08/04/01 to 9/28/12 Long Live the Queen!

I have duct tape and I am not afraid to use it.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: Teach your dog to shut the door!

Yeah I know how that is we have a sliding glass door and I have to lock it every time I put Nikkia out for more than 5 minutes or bring her in because the little booger thinks she can just let herself in and out when ever she wants! Which is okay except she doesn't shut that one and when it is muddy out and I can't wipe her feet off first then there is a huge mess to clean up! Also she lets all of my moms little dogs out and their fine when they go out one or two at a time without us out there but when their all out there with out us it is a huge bark fest! LOL

~MacKenzie

Shakar (Foster) - Born: 2/15/05 - Sable GSD - No longer in my care, forever in my heart
Nikkia - Born: 3/24/07 Sable GSD
Kavik (Rescue) - Born: 2/2/12 - GSD / Husky X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page