Does anyone use Heels Traumeel and Zeel - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Does anyone use Heels Traumeel and Zeel

If so, does it help with osteoarthritis for your GSD? (can you use together, or are they kind of the same?

Jasper gets injections of Adequan 1 x a month, and I give him Glyco-flex3.

He can't take any NSAID drugs.

I was curious if anyone uses it, if so, what dosage amount (any info and protocol would be great), and do you use it with any other supplements?

I was also curious if it could be used daily, and for lifelong use.

I think entirely pets sells the Traumeel.

Thank you

One last question, does homeopathic vets use Adequan?

~JACK~

Jasper
Loki Van Den Heuvel III
Finn Van Den Heuvel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 05:47 PM
Crowned Member

Re: Does anyone use Heels Traumeel and Zeel

I've used them. Some people report great results. I do think that they are similar -- I would use just one, not in combination.

My mom has severe spine issues. She uses arnica (for the muscle problems) and hypericum (for the nerve problems). She has used them for years, and swears that they are one of the few things that help during certain times. I believe that those two are ingredients in the products that you mentioned. I gave her another combination for low back pain and I believe she said that that one helped too.

I believe that the products that you mentioned are meant for long term use., and daily.

There aren't many homeopathic vets around, so I'm wondering if you mean holistic vets (which include homeopathy), or just those that practice homeopathy. If a vet does only homeopathy, then they won't use adequan. However, I think that most holistic vets would use it, if they are set up. I've been to several holistic vets, and some that aren't quite all in one category. I think it depends on how their office is set up. The last holistic vet that I took Max too only did acupuncture and chiropractic, and the adequan would have been out of the scope of that clinic. however, the other holistic vets I have seen would administer it. So i guess it all depends on the vet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 06:03 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Thanks Lisa

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

I didn't even know of a difference between the two (holistic and homeopathic), so thank you for bringing that to light

I hope your Mom is doing better

~JACK~

Jasper
Loki Van Den Heuvel III
Finn Van Den Heuvel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Crowned Member

Thank you Jack, she is, Dad too. Having aging parents sucks.

I see you are back on the board too -- guess we both were away, for different reasons. Welcome back

It's easy to get the holistic/homeopathic thing mixed up -- people do all the time -- I used to too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: LisaTThank you Jack, she is, Dad too. Having aging parents sucks.

I see you are back on the board too -- guess we both were away, for different reasons. Welcome back

It's easy to get the holistic/homeopathic thing mixed up -- people do all the time -- I used to too
Your welcome Lisa

Yes, I see in the future having to take care of my mother (she is like 60, and she has smoked since she was 18 (LOL, it's no use in preaching to her about the dangers, she just doesn't listen

Thanks for all the insight

I hope things work out for you parents as well

~JACK~

Jasper
Loki Van Den Heuvel III
Finn Van Den Heuvel
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Crowned Member

I prefer not to give mercury (in Traumeel) to my dog for longer periods- and especially not in low potency, but that's just me.
back, Jack!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: MaedchenI prefer not to give mercury (in Traumeel) to my dog for longer periods- and especially not in low potency, but that's just me.
back, Jack!
Hey Maedchen, why do you say that about the mercury?

After Indy's mast cell tumor was removed, I think we used either 6c or 12c in one of the mercs -- there is actually a protocal for when a tumor appears at the site of a bee sting, who knew?

Anyway, she didn't do well on it past a certain point.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 06:54 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Jasper007....Yes, I see in the future having to take care of my mother (she is like 60, and she has smoked since she was 18 (LOL, it's no use in preaching to her about the dangers, she just doesn't listen .....
Nope, there's no sense in preaching - we're just left to help deal with the consequences

Although, when my dad was in his 50's, he went camping one year and purposely left his cigarettes home. That's how he quit.

Sure am glad I wasn't on *that* camping trip!!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 08:48 PM
Crowned Member

Anyway, she didn't do well on it past a certain point.

That's called an aggravation through overuse. You can also easily cause disease symptoms of the remedy by giving homeopathics for long periods of time and really interrupt the lifeforce. The low potencies like 6c/12c have more of the actual substance then higher potencies like 30c etc,- that's important to consider when giving toxic substances like mercury for longer periods.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: MaedchenI prefer not to give mercury (in Traumeel) to my dog for longer periods- and especially not in low potency, but that's just me.
back, Jack!
Thanks to both

~JACK~

Jasper
Loki Van Den Heuvel III
Finn Van Den Heuvel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page