UTI's? - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 03:06 PM
Crowned Member

Re: UTI's?

I have had good luck with the Berry Balance by solid gold. There are some Chinese herbs that are good too and Animals Apawthecary makes Tinkle Tonic, a tincture that also works.

The Nancy's yogurts, which are made out your way, might be a good option. And there is a company that sweetens with fruit juice. Hang on, I'll find it...

It's Cascade Fresh.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Crowned Member

Nancy's is at Trader Joes. I'll run by there today. They may have Cascade Fresh too. Thanks Ruth.

Tinkle Tonic. (love the name!) Anything else I should pick up while I'm paying for shipping anyhow? (for Meri, Camper, Boni, me, Dh? )

Oh, wait, do you recommend an online retailer?
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Crowned Member

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com

I love that store because you can search under the problem and they have unbiased reviews: http://search.onlynaturalpet.com/sea...terms=UTI&mf=0

I've used the Nature's Herbs for pets and it worked very well.

And if you start looking around on there I'm sure you'll find plenty of things to buy...

They have Cascade Fresh in the stores out there...at least I know they have it at Ballard Market!

And could you pick up some dehydrated mango for me at Trader Joe's? Actually, hang on and I'll send you a whole list for Trader Joe's!

Rafi the malaroo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Crowned Member

Sure. Mango is easy. You're not going to want perishables, are you?
If you are, it might be cheaper for me to just send you a plane ticket!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 09:08 PM
Crowned Member

Ok....here it is ... the Bouncing Cranberry

(kind of like the Dancing Banana for the SIBO sufferers)...

We just got our culture results back, and after over 2 months of UTI, Meri is bacteria-free!

She LOVES Tinkle Tonic, tolerates ACV, but HATES blueberry yogurt. (My dogs are weird; what can I say?)

We're staying on cranberry capsules, Tinkle Tonic, and ACV indefinitely.

The Happy Pee Dance!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 01:38 AM Thread Starter
Moderator who has gone to the dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted By: 3K9MomHey Ruq, are you able to find flavored yogurt that's not loaded with sugar? If so, where/brands?

(I worry about sugar being a problem because it can tweak yeast balances. Have you had issues with this?)

My pup has been running UTIs since I got her. I'm running out of ideas. If I can load her up on yogurt (she's not thrilled with plain yogurt), that might be useful as well.

(I'm giving acidophilus, but yogurt has other beneficial stuff too, as you know).

Thanks
Lori
Sorry I missed this. I guess I never thought about the sugar. I guess since they only get one to two spoonfuls a day I never considered it. They just get enough to get their pills (including cranberry) down the hatch. Most of my guys love pumpkin so I use that but lil miss Lakota decided she likes her blueberry Yoggie better and now wont eat pumpkin. Being on a raw diet helps to keep sugars otherwise out of their diet. I am thinking about adding ACV to their diet again....somehow. I will try to remember to look at the sugar next time I get yoggie and see if I can find something with less sugar in it.

Lakota, Chimo, Tika, Rayne, Kanuck, Jethro and Keyzah

My Angels forever in my heart and watching over us:
Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 01:48 AM Thread Starter

What cranberry capsules have you been using? I got some from vitamins.com but with 6 dogs and 2 of them having recurring issues (which causes me to suppliment EVERYONE to be sure) I go through a LOT of cranberry pills. They had them buy 1 get 2 free so I thought I stocked up......I am nearly out already. I am beginning to think I should calulate a years supply of cranberries/blueberries and buy and dehydrate them by the truck load this fall. My guys even like blueberries fresh with their dinner.

With fresh blueberries does anyone know how many they should get?

Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted By: BowWowMeowI have had good luck with the Berry Balance by solid gold.
Do you know roughly how many teaspoons are in each container?

Phoenix 9/07
Kaylee Cheyenne 5/09
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 01:59 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Amaruq
Quote:
Originally Posted By: BowWowMeowI have had good luck with the Berry Balance by solid gold.
Do you know roughly how many teaspoons are in each container?
Yikes, no. But I don't use it unless Chama is having a problem. I really would recommend against using it for the dogs who don't need it. Actually I think it even says on the container to only use it for a certain amount of time and then back off considerably.

Have you tried anything else? Maybe something else would take care of the problem?

Rafi the malaroo

....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Crowned Member

I use the gel caps that Costco sells --- TruNature brand. I pinprick the end and squeeze it in. Ok, my crazy pup who doesn't like yogurt will play with the capsule and eventually eat it. (She's soooo weird. ).

The bottle contains 180 capsules (300mg each) for $12.39.

Oh wait, here it is: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.asp...-Cat589&topnav=

Nice thing about Costco is that it's quality at decent quantity. Good for dog packs.

Hmmm. They have more handy supplements online than they do in the store. Ruth, Milk Thistle?

And I grow blueberries. Meri eats them right off the bush. She thinks she's sneaky, grabs one and runs off under a bush to chomp on it, then runs back for more. Did I mention she's a bit odd, that one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page