Chiro Again? - Page 4 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to DancingCavy Send a message via MSN to DancingCavy Send a message via Yahoo to DancingCavy
Re: Chiro Again?

Yeah, I thought about that too when she was a bit slower coming up the stairs after one of our potty breaks yesterday. Sometimes I honestly don't know what to do with her (in more ways than one). I'll probably end up calling the vet early next week (I don't have time to pick up the meds til next week anyway) and seeing if I can get her in on Saturday next weekend. What a lovely Birthday present that will be! Considering how much she dislikes going.

~Jamie~
Risa W-FDM/MF RA RL1 (AoE) CA CGC WCX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(Risa's Blog)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 03:57 AM
Crowned Member

I think that they are masters at compensating, and misalignments can be taken care of *much* more easily if you address them as they occur, rather than letting them settle in, and have the rest of the body compensate. I know it's a pain, but proactive, at least in my book, always pays off in the long run.

post #33 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to DancingCavy Send a message via MSN to DancingCavy Send a message via Yahoo to DancingCavy

Agreed. I much prefer to be proactive as well.

I actually think her back's been bothering her since March when I had her hips X-rayed. She was sick with SIBO at the time and was slow to get into the car. I thought hips then but now I think it could have been her back. So off to the vet we shall go again. I hope it works this time.

~Jamie~

(Risa's Blog)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Elite Member

...wishing Risa the best.
post #35 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Crowned Member

I hope it works too....

if they had her under anesthesia for the xrays, that could have misaligned her?

post #36 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Nope, no anesthesia for the X-rays. She may not like what the vets do, but she's the type that just puts up with it. No sedation of any type was used for the films. Plus she was 'ouchy' before the X-rays were taken.

~Jamie~

(Risa's Blog)

post #37 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Crowned Member

What a good girl to be so patient with the xrays.

Hope you find a way to make her less ouchy.

post #38 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Took fuzzy to the dog park yesterday to play. I tried to keep it easy on her to avoid hurting her back. But Risa only has one speed--FAST--so it was tough. I tried to play light fetch with her but no matter how short the throw was she took off like a bolt anyway. She also spent time running full out after other dogs which I had no control over.

I gave her a Deramaxx with dinner last night to try and prevent soreness today. Didn't work at all. She's definately slow up the stairs again.

Called the vet. Fortunately the chiropractic vet is in this Saturday so we've got an appointment at 9. I will bring a ton of treats and hope the adjustment works better this time.

~Jamie~

(Risa's Blog)

post #39 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Crowned Member

Keeping my fingers crossed that this does the trick.

Have you ever tried any cetyl myristoleate for her?

http://www.vitacost.com/Jarrow-Formu...l-Myristoleate

post #40 of 133 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I haven't. She actually doesn't take any supplements right now. I did consider starting some gluco/chondroit but if it's not a bone/joint issue I don't know that it would help much. Does the cetyl myristoleate work more for bone/joint issues or soft-tissue stuff? Ris is raw-fed so she probably gets some from her foods (since it's found in connective tissue) though not likely in high amounts.

~Jamie~

(Risa's Blog)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page