Equiderma Neem & Aloe ALL Natural Fly Spray ? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By WIBackpacker

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Equiderma Neem & Aloe ALL Natural Fly Spray ?

So this product came across my facebook page today. Says safe for all kinds of animals, including dogs and for people. We like the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, and during certain times the black flies are not fun to say the least. I was wondering if anyone had ever used this? This is the list of ingredients for the spray, I've read recently that Tree Tea can be harmful to dogs, but not sure if that depends on the strength used.
Contains: 100% active ingredients of 10 essential oils known for their powerful repellent and skin enhancing qualities
Neem Leaf Tea, Aloe Vera Gel, Neem Oil, Red Cedar Oil, Eucalyptus, Lemongrass, Citronella, Lemon Peel, Tea Tree, Lavender

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Are you worried mostly about the black biting summer flies?

I've had good luck smearing the dogs' lower legs and forehead lightly with SWAT (the stuff in the blue tubs is clear, not the stuff in the red tubs). I use it on the legs of our goats and donkey during fly season, it works pretty well. It is tacky to the touch, though.... might be sticky on GSDs with a lot of coat.
ksotto333 likes this.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Knighted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIBackpacker View Post
Are you worried mostly about the black biting summer flies?

I've had good luck smearing the dogs' lower legs and forehead lightly with SWAT (the stuff in the blue tubs is clear, not the stuff in the red tubs). I use it on the legs of our goats and donkey during fly season, it works pretty well. It is tacky to the touch, though.... might be sticky on GSDs with a lot of coat.
Yes, those nasty suckers. I hate them. Thanks, I do have those long coat girls though.

"If there ever comes a day when we can't be together,keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." A.A. Milne
Karen

Tessa~GSD
Della~GSD

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 11:26 PM
Administrator

Aww, ick.

If you do find that this formula works please let me know. Those suckers ARE nasty.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page