Traumeel - Page 2 - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Crowned Member

Found another similar product in tincture form

homeostasis

They also compound, so you or your holistic vet(?) could have traumeel concocted I would think.

There is no link without signing up on their site,
But the formula I just bought is called "T-Plex, Complex #12"

It has all same as traumeel, but in 6x and 4x, some in 8x and 10x, as well as a couple others (Ruta Graveolens is one)

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 05:06 PM Thread Starter
M&J
Knighted Member

Send a message via AIM to M&J
Thanks, Gator. I ordered the Traumacare you recommended. Thanks. If that isn't what I need, I'm lucky that I live across the street from my holistic vet and two compounding pharmacies.
The vet said she couldn't get hold of any either.
Poor guy keeps straining his knee.

Mary
I got a dog for my husband. It was a good trade.

Athena and Zeus
LILLY and RUDY
In Memory of MADISON, The King 12/89-6/04
In Memory of JAKE, The Perfect Dog 9/01-11/02

Last edited by M&J; 02-26-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Typo
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 05:38 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&J View Post
Thanks, Gator. I ordered the Traumacare you recommended. Thanks. If that isn't what I need, I'm lucky that I live across the street from my holistic vet and two compounding pharmacies.
The vet said she couldn't get hold of any either.
Poor guy keeps straining his knee.
You're welcome. Yeah, my guys knees are fragile. Simple wrong move.

Are you making/giving bone stock? Natural eggshell membrane and organic Turmeric. I have a brand called Organic Traditions, as well as the capsules to put it in (he won't eat it), but he keeps having bad bellies so I don't start anything while this goes on.

Several yrs ago however, I was giving him the 95% standardized extract from turmeric called curcumin. It made a significant difference. My holistic vet wanted to use devils claw, but he was on too many herbs and talked me out of using. I switched to ginger, also an anti-inflammatory, but the reasoning was to improve lipase production for fat metabolizing.

He went down hill after taking off the curcumin. A yr later he hurt himself again. I tried a few things, but only minimal mobility.

I scrapped everything, put him on NEM and bone stock, within 30 days he could jump on my bed, a yr later he nearly cleared a 4 ft fence going after a squirrel.

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-26-2016, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
M&J
Knighted Member

Tell me more about this protocol you came up with! What do I need to do and order? I have him on Deer velvet and a few other things, but I have run out. May as well order what you have had success with. You gave me the stock recipe a few years ago but I misplaced it.

There are days I just want to let him run until he snaps his CCL, get the surgery, and move forward. But I would never do that.
Many, many thanks.

Mary

Athena and Zeus
LILLY and RUDY
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
M&J
Knighted Member

Just picked up the egg shell membrane and tumeric with boswellia. I also purchased Boiron's calcarea flurica (for repeated sprains). I'm sure I will be able to find your bone stock recipe if I search the forums.
Many, many thanks! Hopefully, the Traumacare arrives soon.

Mary

Athena and Zeus
LILLY and RUDY
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 05:40 PM
Crowned Member

I'll just post it
I have modified this recipe since first posting on Magwort's thread.
Originally I only used carcass's because I had a 4qt slow cooker. Now I add in chicken feet and cow feet

Using a slow cooker (7-8 qt.)
2 lg or 3 small chicken carcass's
4-5 chicken feet
3-5 chunks (small) of cow feet (I buy these cut up, they really help with the gelling of the stock)

• add 1/3 cup of vinegar (white or raw apple cider)
  • Fill with water to about 1/2 inch from top of slow cooker.
  • Turn on high and let alone for about 5 hrs. The water should reduce by about a half inch give or take.
  • Turn to low and allow to cook for another 18-19 hrs.
  • Take off lid to allow to cool a bit.
  • Strain bones while still relatively warm using a colander at least 2-3x (I strain into a large stainless bowl, wipe out fine grit in bottom of slow cooker and strain back into slow cooker and then back again to bowl and then back into slow cooker pot. I check for fine bones with each strain)
  • Allow stock to come to room temp. Cover and refrigerate for min of 8 hrs. Sometimes you need longer if stock is too warm
  • There should be firm lard layer over the top of the stock, You want to skim that off and discard.
  • Viola! Gelled bone broth

(An example, I usually start a stock when I get home around 4pm, turn to low around 9-10pm. If I forgot to defrost and start from frozen, I turn down around 11-11:30pm...Go to work next morning, come home, turn stock off about 4pm.)

post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 06:03 PM
Crowned Member

https://transitionnow.wordpress.com/...of-bone-broth/

I wouldn't use the recipes at bottom of this link as some ingredients may not be suitable, like onions..., this is merely to explain the properties of bone stock. Plus your not making soup, anyhow...you are making a concentrated nutritional/medicinal joint supplement

Oh, BTW, give 1/4-1/3c, 2 x per day
Portion into containers and freeze and start another stock ASAP. Once reduced, it doesn't yield a lot, maybe 4 2 cups containers

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
M&J
Knighted Member

This is great! Thanks. I'll have to get a slow cooker and see where I can get chicken carcasses, cow and chicken feet.
What do you freeze the portions in, and do you feed them defrosted or frozen?
Is there a way to make this in an enormous pot or does it have to be a slow cooker?
Again, thanks so much.
PS. I have him the tumeric and other stuff, he took a long nap, and seems to be a walking a little better.

Mary

Athena and Zeus
LILLY and RUDY
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 07:35 PM
Crowned Member

You can do it in a stock pot, or large pot, stove top method.
But you have to cook for hrs. Not 24 per slow cooker method and you wouldn't want to leave unattended (to work or go out for several hrs.)

Same would apply though, except you bring water about 1 inch above bones, boil down a half inch, reduce heat, simmer for 8 hrs or more.

I used this method to do turkey bones one time (leftover from cooked turkey) and it worked, but I am, guess-timating as it was long time ago.

Sure if you google it. Even if doesn't gel first time, use it.

I wouldn't think you serve frozen, defrost on counter overnight, it'll be liquid at room temp. From the fridge it will be gel.

I just recycle sour cream/yogurt containers (500ml), usually get 2 days from at 1/2c per day

Glass would be better.

Oh, also, I use to mix enzymes, pumpkin and NEM capsule (opened), and I reconstitute the stock with bit of warm water (1/2 of the stock serving) if turns into a super-gel!

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
M&J
Knighted Member

Great! I have my neighbors hunting down the parts and I'm going to check butchers at the Amish Market and Whole Foods.

Mary

Athena and Zeus
LILLY and RUDY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page