Skin tags??? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By phps01

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

Skin tags???

My boy has an extremely large skin tag (about 3/4 inch) on the side of his face and smaller ones in the same area. He has begun to scratch it and it sometimes bleeds. The vet said that she prefers to "let it go" because removing it surgically can be a bigger problem than leaving it alone. I asked her if there were any holistic/homeopathic remedies and she said "no." (not surprised she responded that way.) I have heard of using vinegar and also of tying it off at the base with clean dental floss to cut off its blood source. Does anyone have any experience with this - I just hate to have him keep scratching and bleeding. Thanks!

Mom to:
Riley - 8 yr. old GSD
Schatzie - GSD - at the Bridge
Raven - GSD - at the Bridge
Diablo - WGSD/Arctic wolf/GreatPyr Mix - at the Bridge

If dogs aren't in heaven, why would we want to go there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2018, 12:39 PM

Does it keep happening? Like does it heal and then he scratches it again and it starts bleeding. If that's the case, I would maybe get a second opinion about removing it. My concern would be infection.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 08:50 AM

Hello,

Peri had one earlier this year on his side chest. I now take him to a holistic vet- Dr. Heller in Middletown, OH. He gave a topical salve called golden yellow. I was skeptical initially, but in a week, the tag fell off, there was some blood when it did, but after a couple of days it healed and is now normal. I also use Calendula oil (Herb Pharm, Organic Calendula Oil) on any bumps and they go away..it is almost like magic.

Good luck,
Phebe.
Mary Beth likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Crowned Member

I agree about the calendula oil. My Sting had a skin tag by his elbow and I applied what I use, California Baby Calendula cream. It did try it up and it shrank and went away. Amazon also has a golden salve that has calendula oil. It is called EQUINOX BOTANICALS Golden Salve, 2 Ounce $14.97.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Royal K9s Baron Sting DB 7/9/2017

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sting Chance von Gaard 2006-2017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page