Wondercide's Evolv - any experience? - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Magwart

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Wondercide's Evolv - any experience?

Last year, I used the Wondercide Ecotreat yard spray, and I liked it. I also LOVE their Repel bar soap for dogs.

I'm now looking at trying their Evolv flea, tick, and mosquito spray for dogs. Has anyone tried it yet?

I'm thinking about keeping it in my "shelter pull kit" -- in warm weather, when rescue pulls them from the shelter, the dogs are nearly all infested with fleas (so badly that you'll see them hopping when you pet the dog, and crawling down the muzzle...it's gross...and the shelters are often permanently "out" of flea meds). I usually give them Capstar while I'm doing the pull paperwork, but that takes time to kill them all...and the 20 or so min. isn't really long enough. I'm thinking that good contact spray before we load up would be a good adjunct -- it would also be a nontoxic way to spray down the vehicle after fresh-from-the-shelter dogs have been riding in it.

Any thoughts on this product?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-28-2015, 12:42 PM
Crowned Member

I have never tried it, but I did check out their website. I like the idea non toxic and natural ingridients, but would like to see the list.. I need it for mosquitoes and black flies... That being said, I did order a bug spray from Dogs Naturally..will let you know how it works after I try it. Deb

"There is a lot to be thankful for if you take the time to look. Example.. I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt!". Author Unknown

Enjoy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 10:19 AM

Hi Magwart! Happy Monday! Thanks so much for your kind words about EcoTreat and Repel! We're so glad you've had good results with these products. We'd love the opportunity to share Evolv with you and are happy to send a couple samples your way! When you have a free moment, please shoot me an email at [email protected] with the best shipping address for you and I'll get that on its way! Many thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Elite Member

I personally use the Evolv and I absolutely love it! It works great for me, especially in the warm months as a second round of defense against the bugs when we hike (we also do Springtime garlic). I always have a bottle in the house.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 AM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercide View Post
Hi Magwart! Happy Monday! Thanks so much for your kind words about EcoTreat and Repel! We're so glad you've had good results with these products. We'd love the opportunity to share Evolv with you and are happy to send a couple samples your way! When you have a free moment, please shoot me an email at [email protected] with the best shipping address for you and I'll get that on its way! Many thanks!

Wow! Thanks very much for the offer of samples, Meredith. I sent you an email. I can't wait to try Evolve and share it with rescue buddies.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercide View Post
Hi Magwart! Happy Monday! Thanks so much for your kind words about EcoTreat and Repel! We're so glad you've had good results with these products. We'd love the opportunity to share Evolv with you and are happy to send a couple samples your way! When you have a free moment, please shoot me an email at meredi[email protected] with the best shipping address for you and I'll get that on its way! Many thanks!
LOL.

You never know who is watching.

Given that level of customer service, I'm going to check out this product. Would be nice to have something a little less dangerous to combat the bugs we have down here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Norden von Narnia (Hans) DOB 1-15-12
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 AM
Elite Member

I'm also in the Sunshine State and have purchased the Wondercide products for inside and outside trying to kill b*stard ticks. I can assure you that the ticks die immediately when you get them with a direct shot. We are using it now to kill fleas which Traveler has picked up for the first time in his 8 year life.

My house and cars smell like grandma's cedar closet.

Lynn & Traveler
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Crowned Member

I love the samples they sent of this stuff---the lemon grass & cedar smell is lovely. I just put in an order for the Evolv, along with my spring garden order of Ecotreat...I just used up my last bit of last year's Ecotreat spraying the back yard, since it's been so warm this week.

I can't say enough good things about this little company. Every dealing with them I've had has been first-rate.
dogfaeries likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-15-2015, 04:48 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwart View Post
I love the samples they sent of this stuff---the lemon grass & cedar smell is lovely. I just put in an order for the Evolv, along with my spring garden order of Ecotreat...I just used up my last bit of last year's Ecotreat spraying the back yard, since it's been so warm this week.

I can't say enough good things about this little company. Every dealing with them I've had has been first-rate.
Same here, and thank you so much for posting about this company.

I called them and got samples shipped immediately, within a couple of days they were here.

They sent two sample bottles of the Evolv, also some soap, but the most important thing they sent was the skin tonic spray. It immediately stopped the burning and itching, I am sure, because he stopped licking and chewing at his skin, which was what was making everything worse and not allowing him to heal.

Soothing Skin Tonic Spray for Full Body Relief

Let me tell you, within two days, his latest bout of hives and sores that had me tearing my hair out was gone. I had tried everything, nothing was working this time, not even iodine.

The products smell strongly of cedar, which I happen to love, but may not be for everyone.

I have been spraying Hans with Evolv when he goes outside, hoping to keep those darned insects away from him.

And I have ordered a full-size bottle of the skin tonic, which I will not be without from now on.

What is super neat was that yesterday I got an email asking how I like the products. I love this company, and will continue to buy more from them, because such a company definitely deserves my business.

Norden von Narnia (Hans) DOB 1-15-12

Last edited by Sunflowers; 03-15-2015 at 04:54 PM.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 01:34 PM

I finally bit the bullet and ordered some different Wondercide products. I never really looked into it, since I am allergic to cedar! But having read up on their products (and on allergic reactions to their products), I'm looking forward to trying this stuff out. Especially with Sage being sick, I really want to keep her away from as many harmful chemicals as I can.

~ Diane ~

CARLY ......... Ch. Lauremi's No Reservations (AKC GCh pointed, HIC)
SCARLET ..... Lauremi's Almost Wasn't (AKC pointed)
and absent friends... SAGE ~ Lauremi's Whim Z v Jakmar ~ AKC major ptd, HIC ~ 2010-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page