SAMe or Arnica montana 30c for strain - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

SAMe or Arnica montana 30c for strain

Traveler is a little sore on his right rear leg. I don't believe it is anything more than a strain. I have a previously scheduled vet appt this Wednesday to get a complete physical, CBC, chem, tick panel, etc. etc. but I'd like to give him something to help with the ache in the mean time.

Not sure which homeopathic is best for this application. I'd appreciate some suggestions please.

Lynn & Traveler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 01:13 PM
Crowned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler's Mom View Post
Traveler is a little sore on his right rear leg. I don't believe it is anything more than a strain. I have a previously scheduled vet appt this Wednesday to get a complete physical, CBC, chem, tick panel, etc. etc. but I'd like to give him something to help with the ache in the mean time.

Not sure which homeopathic is best for this application. I'd appreciate some suggestions please.

Lynn & Traveler
Hey Lynn!
Arnica or Traumeel will be your best bet.
SAMe can take a while to build up in the system and work. It's usually for arthritis type aches and pains. You may want to keep him on a leash for a few days so that he doesn't injure it anymore than it is. Sometimes they "feel" better but the injury isn't!
Hope the boy feels better!
Moms
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thanks Mom! I do have Traumeel at home both the oral and the cream. He's not fond of the oral to say the least but I will give that a try.

Thanks again!

BTW, is there a brand you recommend for homeopaths?

Lynn & Traveler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 02:20 PM
Crowned Member

You can put it in his water. if pellets will dissolve.

I have the tincture. In acute I throw a few shots in his mouth, then add to water for few days.

I have used homeopthics scripted by two diff. vets to admin this way

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Thank you, GatorBytes. I have the tincture. It has alcohol in it and I think that is the turnoff. He smells it coming Oh well, I'm rather creative so I am sure I will find a nice stinky piece of something good that will fool him a couple of times anyway. Next time I'll see if I can get the pellets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page