Bug Off Garlic Question - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Bug Off Garlic Question

Hello,

The scoop that came with the Bug Off Garlic granules got misplaced

Would anyone know the equivalent? ie, 1 scoop = 1 tsp??

Also, I raw feed two dogs; my son's Cairn Terrier, "Bob", is a food "Hund" & devours his bug off daily --

Lacey, my 2 yo GSD, is not quite the same
Oh, she likes her food (90 lbs) but she is "picky" about that Bug Off!!!!
The best "luck" I have with her, is when I "Lace" (no pun intended) her om with the Bug Off, as the om is her Favorite part of dinner!!!

But depending on the day (or what is thawed); some days she gets more om, other days maybe none; but if I put the Bug Off on anything else, she will not eat ... I Mean = Not Eat!!!!
Even w/om, she will pick that up & "shake" it, because of the Bug-Off!!!

But the Bug Off works here, I am using it for fleas!!!! & I am very impressed -- "Bob", as Cairn's, are Very Sensitive, Allergic, to flea bites, & "Bob" is Itch Free!!!!!!
Lacey is also "Itch Free", with the amount I am able to get in her, which is most often her daily/Part dose, albeit, at times I have stood my ground & just re-fed her the meals she has not eaten because of the "Bug Off" till she eats.

But I am weakening, cuz she just does not like the Bug Off. Again tonite, I put the Bug Off in her tripe, she did not eat it!!!
If I sprinkle it on her chicken leg qtrs, she will not eat, till maybe the next day. I put it on turkey necks, alot gets "knocked" off in the process of her eating, but ...... Same with any ground meat, if Bug Off is near = she will not eat!!!
Guess my question, anyone have a "trick" for that GSD nose, & "picky" about eating Bug Off? Anyone have better luck getting them to eat it?

Guess, I had not been too concerned if she was stubborn, & I refed the next day; as with summer I was not concerned with her loosing a few pounds of her winter weight; but she is at a perfect weight as of now, so I really would like her to eat, and at the same time, with the heat of summer, she always has been more prone to eat less, than in the winter.
Guess Lacey is saying "She hates Bug Off"; & when I don't put it on her food, she gets the "itchy's" pretty quick!!!!

Thank you for any help or advice,

Theresa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, I called the company, & found out that a scoop is indeed a teaspoon.

But they were no help either with the feeding issue; other than trying the Bug-Off wafers vs the granules I already have.

If I could delete this thread I would; as there was no response here.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Crowned Member

I didn't know about the measurement, but I'm glad you found that out!

As far as the feeding of it- have you tried mixing it WELL into peanut butter, egg, canned food, or yogurt, then pouring that into her meal? That's what I do with my GSD, not because he's picky, but because I want to make sure he's getting ALL of it.

Danielle, owner of...
Fraggle Rock Collars & ...
Fraggle Vom Richcreek CGC CA
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Well, I am a raw feeder, so I do not feed canned dog food;

& yes, I have mixed it in her egg, ground meat, ect, =
she won't eat her food.

Thanks for the reply; guess there really is no "trick" other than trying the wafers; reason I did not choose wafers to begin with, did not want other ingredients other than the garlic.

Thanks tho, for your reply, appreciated!!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Crowned Member

You're welcome.

Does your dog ever get kongs frozen with treats inside it? You could mix up the peanut butter or yogurt with the garlic then fill it with that and hope she goes after that.

Danielle, owner of...
Fraggle Rock Collars & ...
Fraggle Vom Richcreek CGC CA
Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 04:30 AM

My GSD is picky on fish oil. I know this is probably not the best advice but i would just open her mouth and put is in directly and she will have no choice to eat it.

-SH-

The goal in life is not to arrive at the gates of Heaven untouched and unscared. It is to skid into the gates saying "WHOA WHAT A RIDE".
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 04:34 AM
Lin
Crowned Member

Send a message via AIM to Lin Send a message via Yahoo to Lin
Are you only trying the full dose of the bug off? I would try smaller amounts to start. If she's eating it all with her om thats great, but when she doesn't want to eat it start small. Mix 1/4th the dose with egg yolk and see if she'll eat it. Try 1/8th the normal dose and see if she'll eat it. Then once you've got her eating it and used to the taste, you can see if you can gradually increase without her noticing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
member in education and Service Dog Handler.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Master Member

I make a slurry out of home cooked for my boy & mix in the Bug Off. He chows it right down. However, my girl won't take it like that. For her I fill gelatin capsules & toss those in w her chow. Works for us.

Rumi vom Haus Barrett 8/24/2010 BRAT, HCT, CGC
Dakota GSD rescue 7/1/00 - 9/15/11 CGC, RA, CD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gunnar GSD/greyhound rescue 1995-2005
Kodi GSD/husky rescue 1991-2004
Cleo, pug and Happy, mutt from childhood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page