I ordered Bug-off Garlic from Springtime Inc - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

I ordered Bug-off Garlic from Springtime Inc

I just wanted to say that I am impressed with this company. I placed my order yesterday morning and I just got my package tonite!!! I did standard delivery too!!

How long before I see the effects of this product as far as keeping ticks off my dogs?? OMG the garlic is strong. Ava ate her tablet without chewing of course. My oldest Shih Tzu ate his fine. My youngest Shih Tzu took his time eating it and has now vomitted twice. Why am I not surprised that he is the one that this product might not work for?!?!?

Anyway, I am totally happy with this company and will probably order some more things!!!

~ Leigh ~
Volunteer Coordinator
Southeast German Shepherd Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ava LaRue GSD 3/2/10
Chewy Shih Tzu 1/9/04
Toby Shih Tzu 12/26/07
Abby 18 yr old Lab R.I.P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM
Crowned Member

Some dogs don't tolerate garlic. I wouldn't force it on your youngest if he barfs it again. These are interesting, just put them on my dogs, we'll see if they work for ticks. I don't like my dogs to wear collars, the only drawback...
Home | shoo!TAG? - The chemical-free way to protect your dogs, cats, and horses from pests

Jane~
Kept by
Gambit zu Treuen Handen

Guinness auf der Marquis...Karlo son!

Always in my heart
Karlo aka Gideon vom Wildhaus
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
3.02.09~12.03.18
Kacie
7.21.05-5.01.15
Onyx
11.08.06-9.28.18
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Elite Member

I ordered the granules from them recently. And I am very pleased with the company and products.

They have it on their website (for the granules at least) that you are supposed to SLOWLY increase the amount to prevent any stomach upset. And you have a pretty small pup, they are what? 15-20 lbs? So if you can, I would break or grind the pill and only feed 1/4 of a total pill amount. And slowly over 7-10 days increase to a whole tab a day, and even then, I would halve it and feed it in 2 doses.

If you still have trouble after you decrease it and slowly increase it then it might not be for your pup, but I would try the slow introduction first.

-Kira

Fur Family:
Dakota "Koda" GSD 02/20/2008
Chloe Calico 9/21/2007

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 AM
Elite Member

Also, the garlic isn't effective for 2-4 weeks after you begin the full dosage.

-Kira

Fur Family:
Dakota "Koda" GSD 02/20/2008
Chloe Calico 9/21/2007

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page