Question about Rabies shots... - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Question about Rabies shots...

My GSD had all his shots when he was a puppy and after reading a lot on here and elsewhere I have come to the conclusion that is all he needs and all I want him to have. As far as the rabies since it is regulated... can Homeopathic vets give rabies shots? I have a couple in my area and I was just curios?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Knighted Member

Re: Question about Rabies shots...

If they are licensed as vets through the state you are in, they can give a rabies vaccine and it will be legal. They must hold a doctorate in Vet med through an accredited college, and still be recognized as a doctor in good standing with the state that they are licensed in. (Most homeopathic vets in CT are in such a position, but choose not to give routine vaccinations.

Sar K-9 Tasha (GSD)
Sar K-9 Kolby (GSD)
Sar K-9 Skye (GSD)
GSD's Frodo and Ilan
Retired Guide dog Sika
Retired Guide dog Seda (and ruler of my Pack)
Proud to be a Fidelco Volunteer Puppy Raiser.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Question about Rabies shots...

yeah, homeopathic vets are vets first, and then they specialize in homeopathy. Some homeopathic will give a remedy right after vaccinating. Some homeopathic vets, like those that BJKimock mentioned, won't give any vaccines at all, just as a personal philosophy and/or preference.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 04:41 AM

My holistic vet gives a remedy after the vaccine. This vaccine is nasty. The current rabies vaccine is enough for an elephant. It contains over 40 antigens and only 3-4 are needed for a dog to obtain an immune response. I am so thankful this vaccine is not required where I live. Having said that I need it to travel to the U.S. I wait until my dogs immune system is mature as an adult. I then give the vaccine and when it needs to be done again I do a titer.

Last edited by Tehillah; 06-21-2010 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Left out some information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page