Valor - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Valor

Has anyone used this before? I bought some for my rescue girl who's a bit timid, but slowly coming out of her shell. Its supposed to help with courage. I was told to put a drop in my palm and then apply it to her paws, and also around the edges of her ears (because it absorbs better?)
The only thing is, she leaves the room when she sees me go for the bottle cause it smells strong.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 10:16 AM
Master Member

Re: Valor

Is this what you are talking about?

Valor Essential Oil:
Valor is also good for balancing the electrical energies of the body. It is wonderful for use in massage therapy.
Ingredients: Spruce (Picea mariana), rosewood (Aniba rosaeodora), blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum), and frankincense (Boswellia carteri) in a base of almond oil.

I have never used it but I'm really not sure if it will calm your dog if she stresses out when you get the bottle out to apply it.

Julie

Time spent with your dog is never wasted!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GSD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GSD
Copper - Beagle
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

baby steps I suppose...

:-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Elite Member

Never heard of it myself but to me it's strange that a company would make a product for a dog with an odor that apparently chases the dog away. I hope they're not counting their millions.

I recently began using Bach Flower essences and the directions say you can put the drops on the pads of their feet just like you can put them on a human wrist. However, somewhere it says that this is not the most effective way to utilize the product.

I wouldn't be fond of putting stuff on my dog's paws. If the product is at all greasy (oily?) guess where it's gonna wind up? But maybe it's not greasy.

Deb • Riley & Nissa
Rainbow Bridge • Damien Katy Crocket Kayla Gypsy Toby

German Shepherd Dog Blog

• web sites for Rescues, Shelters and Pets
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Oops! I meant to say I put in on the pads of her feet. It's mixed with almond oil, but it seems to absorb quickly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page