Bach's users - alcohol free bach's flower - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 05:11 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Bach's users - alcohol free bach's flower

I'm looking into trying Bach's Flowers essences. I don't want the Rescue Remedy, I want to purchase the individual bottles.

Their web site says they have their products in alcohol free form, but I've not been able to get an order placed that shows it's alcohol free products and all the photos of the bottles on the web site show 27% alcohol on the label. Not only do I want this for my dogs but for human consumption and some of it's for a friend who's a recovering alcholic so I'm not about to give her an alcohol based product.

The mixing instructions show that brandy can be used as a preservative but that it's optional. If they are already 27% alcohol, good grief! why would you add more? I don't want ANY alcohol in mine.

I tried emailing both their contact addresses to inquire, have not received a response. I guess I'm going to have to call them on the phone unless someone here can tell me how to order and be assured I'll receive the alcohol free version of the bottles I want? I was going to order last night already but they never answered me.

Also, can someone please tell me after you "mix a potion" how long on average is the mixture ok to use? I haven't seen any reference to a need for refrigeration after mixing - must it be refrigerated?

Thanks,

Deb • Riley & Nissa
Rainbow Bridge • Damien Katy Crocket Kayla Gypsy Toby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
German Shepherd Dog Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
• web sites for Rescues, Shelters and Pets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Crowned Member

Re: Bach's users - alcohol free bach's flower

I personally wouldn't want remedies who are not preserved with alcohol. The indiv. bachflower bottles you buy are the stockbottles. From this stockbottle you only use 2-4 drops and mix it into another small dropper bottle (like an ounce). Then from this bottle you take 2-4 drops several times a day (you can dilute it further with liquid if you want to, but there isn't really any detectable alcohol left).
You don't necessarily need to preserve your 2nd bottle with alcohol, but if you don't preserve it, it should be used within a week to avoid/limit bacterial growth. For that reason you should also only use distilled water and should keep it in the fridge.
Hope that helps
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Crowned Member

Unless your dog has an ongoing problem like pancreatitis, the alcohol doesn't seem to be a problem in dogs.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-14-2009, 03:29 PM
Crowned Member

I have not had a problem with using Bach flower essences preserved in alcohol. I have given them to my dogs and to my cat.

Ruth & the 4 Legged Rescue Gang

Rafi the malaroo

Gio & Varda, the krazy kittens
....In my heart:
Cleo Kitty
Chama
Kai
Basu
Massie
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Elite Member

Maedchen, thanks for claryfying how this works. I read the mixing instructions, but it's always nice to have someone who's used it go over it for me. I didn't like the idea of giving my dogs any alcohol and was very surprised to see there's alcohol in it and it was being used on pets and because it's so popular, it seems like it must not be harmful.

However, there's a twist to us using it. Not only do I want to try it for my dogs, but my husband and myself and he's an over the road trucker so his alcohol content MUST be ABSOLUTELY 0%. This amount would more than likely not show up on a PBT, but on a blood test even trace amounts could show up.

If you use distilled water and the vinegar to preserve, must you keep it refrigerated then?

Deb • Riley & Nissa
Rainbow Bridge • Damien Katy Crocket Kayla Gypsy Toby

German Shepherd Dog Blog

• web sites for Rescues, Shelters and Pets
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 10:11 AM
Crowned Member

Depending on where your DH is going- if it's cold outside I wouldn't worry too much, but if it's fairly warm, I'd toss it after a couple days even if it's preserved with vinegar.

Maybe he can also take with him his own stockbottle (mixed of the bachflowers he needs and preserved with alcohol) and just prepare his usage bottle new every couple days from that.

I would think it's absolutely impossible to detect those minute amounts of alcohol in his system- I mean he's just taking a view drops of a mixture which contains alcohol and will dilute it further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page