Herding near Shreveport, Louisiana area? - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

Smile Herding near Shreveport, Louisiana area?

I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere near Shreveport that does Herding instruction/testing, etc.? I was reading the posts about Stosh and how he trains near Tyler, Texas. I am willing to drive quite a ways.

Cody and I have stopped doing agility since the training around here is abysmal (sp?) and I don't have the motivation to try and keep his training up at home. I need someone to report to with my progress! Anyway, now that I am getting ready to retire from the AF...I will have a little more time to spend doing "fun" activities and would like to see how Cody would do. Thanks for any information!

Carole
Mom to:
Cody, 8 y.o. GSD
Honey 9 y.o. GSD/Husky rescue
Thelma & Louise Calico rescues &
Zeke, 3 y.o. Yorkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Crowned Member

My trainer is in Tyler, she's really really good. It would be about a 90 min drive for you wouldn't it? I'll ask her if she knows of someone in your area, she knows everybody in the herding world. There's an obedience training club in Longview and they do a lot of tracking but I don't know if they have a herding trainer but I can find out. Isn't there an obedience club in Bossier? They might know.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Crowned Member

Your local obedience club is Red River Obedience Training Club, on Olive St in SPort. Their website says they have members active in herding so you might start there and see if you can find a trainer locally. I have to warn you, it's addictive!

The website is redriverobedience.org. Hope this helps. I'll still ask my trainer if she knows anyone there

Last edited by Stosh; 03-24-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Master Member

I actually went for an obedience class at Red River Obedience. I lasted one class. I was not happy with their style of training. There is also obedience training/agility in Bossier City that I have attended. Nothing like when I lived in Texas. I am spoiled. I would be willing to drive to Tyler if necessary. I used to drive 90 miles one way from Wichita Falls to Rhome, Texas weekly for agility training with Debbie Spence...I really miss her.

Thanks for the info.

Carole
Mom to:
Cody, 8 y.o. GSD
Honey 9 y.o. GSD/Husky rescue
Thelma & Louise Calico rescues &
Zeke, 3 y.o. Yorkie
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Crowned Member

I sent you a PM with my trainer's name and number if you want to call her
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page