HX and PAM - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Timberlinek9
HX and PAM

Timber Q's three times this weekend to earn him his HXAd title on ducks. With this excellent title he also earned his PAM from the parent club. Zada, my young female, Q's twice yesterday for her PT title. We hope to have his HX on cattle by the end of the year.

Michael

PAM Timberline Duke of Bavaria CGC TDI CD RAE2 HSAdsc HIAdsc HXAdc NA NJ NF OAP OJP OFP AG1
UKC/CH Zada Vom Sandsee PT RN
UKC/CH Corwynt Tayken Black Diamond CGC HSAd NAJ NJP(CWC)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 04:33 PM

Re: HX and PAM

Congrats!!!!
\
Vikki
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Thank you

Michael

PAM Timberline Duke of Bavaria CGC TDI CD RAE2 HSAdsc HIAdsc HXAdc NA NJ NF OAP OJP OFP AG1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Knighted Member

Congrats! I'd love to get my guys on cattle (I don't trust them on ducks!)

Paisley and TJ
Leyna and Levi, RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-03-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, we do all 3 stock and Timber loves his cattle and does well on ducks. Hopefully before the year is out he will have his HX on cattle then we will work for the HX on sheep. He is a little to keen on sheep and we have our work cut out for us with them. Can't wait to get his herding championship. One of our judges this weekend was from CA. There are a few good training facilities and judges in CA. We use quite a few of the judges at our shows.

Michael

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Knighted Member

Which judges from CA do you use out there? I feel we got really lucky with finding our trainer.

We are currently working on some AHBA courses (HRDI) and then might do some large flock training. I know my trainer said we will have a large flock AHBA trial this fall. In between, we will be improving flanks so that we can start doing drive work for our HIAs. Levi has two of his three HSAs legs and I hope to finish that up soon (my hubby NQ'ed one of his attemps for Levi by walking through the runway and the other he had some pretty flightly sheep). I'd love to get it before the fall when hubby deploys early fall (since he has been training Levi), but there aren't many trials in So Cal in the summer.

Paisley and TJ
Leyna and Levi, RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

We use (long list) Bob Diaz and Rochelle Stanford_Diaz, Janna Duncan, Terry Kenney, Joel Levinson, Jill Lockhart, Adrian Lopez (who we had this weekend), Catherine Modica, Deborah Pollard and will be having Steve Waltenburg this summer. All of which are great judges.

We have also done AHBA trials at the started levels with all three stock and our puppies got their first legs in JHD.

Yes, Keep working on those flanks especially the inside flanks. Those are very important for that cross drive when you get to the advanced level. Good luck with your HIAs title this fall.

Michael

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Knighted Member

I know Cathy! I saw her a couple of weekends ago at a trial down here in San Diego. She was trialing her dog, Nikon. She actually teaches at the facility I train at - although I train with Terry Parrish. Small World!!!

You know...I watched all the intermediate/advanced runs and I sat thinking - how am I going to get my dog to do that!!! LOL. We still have some work to do on the outruns, so we will be busy!

Paisley and TJ
Leyna and Levi, RIP
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

I have heard of Terry Parrish but we have not had him hear yet. It takes a lot of work to get your dog to do a nice outrun/lift and fetch and cross drive. But when you get that title in your hand it was all worth it. Herding is not as easy as some people think. Good luck with your herding

Michael

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Knighted Member

Terry is great - she really understands the different breeds and how they work.

It sure isn't easy! I'm finally getting to where I can think "ok, where do the sheep want to go and where do I place my dog so the sheep don't go there." We also need to work more with "problem" sheep who want to bolt easily, but that will come with a bigger outrun, etc.

Good luck yourself! I have a lot of work cut out for me this year since I will be training both my dogs through the fall/winter/spring trial season while hubby is away.

Paisley and TJ
Leyna and Levi, RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page