Hip dysplacia - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Springbrz

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Hi, I'm worried about my gsd. I was readying that if they buddy hopped up the stairs that they had this condition. He is 5 months old and otherwise healthy dog. He doesnt seem to complain or whine about it. I have posted a short video in hopes that it helps.

http://imgur.com/gallery/sIGrfeX

http://imgur.com/gallery/LCOeDrk

Last edited by Christa Ann; 10-16-2019 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:12 PM
Crowned Member

Does he only bunny hop on the stairs? Maybe he is just getting used to steps? I noticed he didn't hop up the last couple of steps. I don't think I'd be worried yet.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenzachsmom View Post
Does he only bunny hop on the stairs? Maybe he is just getting used to steps? I noticed he didn't hop up the last couple of steps. I don't think I'd be worried yet.
Yea he doesnt do it all the times that I've noticed just sometimes. Guess he might be still learning to climb stairs. Just worried my baby would be in pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 08:08 PM
Crowned Member

I once had a Samoyed puppy with HD. She hopped ALL the time. Her hips were pretty bad and she was noticeably in pain. She eventually had TPO surgery on one side and compensated well with the other.

I would just watch her for now. Hopefully, other members will take a look and chime in.

Jan
Shelby 9-2-14
Natty Boh 6-27-12
Annie 1998 - 8-2-12 RIP
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:54 AM
Elite Member

My female has HD. Diagnosed by x-ray at 18 months. We suspected long before that. She could run like the wind when she was young even with the HD. We suspected HD because her overall gait was off when she walked. She looked good when she trotted or ran but when she walked she had a distinctive "sexy" sway in her back end. When she walked her back right foot crossed over under her because of the weak hip. Think how a model walks the runway one foot in front of the other heel to toe.
I don't see that in your pup. Looks like he's just learning the stairs. In the second video he seems to move normally to me. I'm not a vet but I wouldn't worry unless something else poops up to give you concern.
Sabis mom likes this.

Ziva 03.07.2013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page