German Shepherds Forum banner

Wobblers

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  BahCan 
#1 ·
Has anybody dealt with wobblers. Yes i have used the search button and been reading.

Did you do surgery and if so which surgery? How was the outcome and what is/was the timeline before dog had to be euthanized?
Did anybody choose not to do surgery and try management, what were those results like and also timeline?
What about acupuncture and other treatments, did they have any positive results.
Diet...did a certain diet change or supplements help?

Has anybody checked into stem cell therapy with any good results?

I am in the very early stages of finding as much info as possible in order to decide which route will give my dog the best quality of life.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

#3 ·
Thank you Jchrest......German Shepherd, male, unaltered, 3yrs 10mths, started to notice changes about 2 months ago, started with full xrays, then MRI, then CT scan with myelography and given final diagnosis this past week.

Neurologist recommends disc removal, does not feel he is a good candidate for plugs. Other neurologists and surgeons have/are being consulted with.

He is also a dog that was born with a very rare heart condition.

#5 ·
Very sorry to hear about your dog. I hope he has a good outcome.

I don't know if this will be of help for you, but Wobbler's is notorious in the breed that cant be mentioned. It is genetic for them. I don't know if there are various strains of Wobbler's, but if I were in your shoes, I would investigate some of their forums and look for information.

#9 ·
Thank you all for the replies. I have already been checking out info on the other forums of dogs that have a much higher occurrence of wobblers.

Thank you for the links as well I will take a look at those.

This is completely new to me, I never thought this is something i would be dealing with.

Thank you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.