Local vets can't put the diagnose - German Shepherd Dog Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Local vets can't put the diagnose

Hi, everyone! I have a 7 y.o German shepherd, male. Nutrition: twice a day premium class food with small amount of meat. Not castrated, doesn't have puppies.
So, 2 years ago he rubbed his nose and had a small wound there. We were waiting for its healing, but after few days we asked a local vet about it. She advised to apply tetracycline and keratinizing gels. But it didn't work. So went to another, and he said the same thing. Sometimes the wound heals, but the dog rubs it again, and now it got worse. And the size is increased and now the problem not only on nose, also on his chin, where he has lost his hair... so we went to another vet, he took his blood analyses, but he couldn't find the diagnosis and advised to give him antibiotics and antihistamines... actually I don't want to give my dog antibiotics without any real indication... so I need your help, to tell me what is wrong with my dog, I have photos of his wound and blood analyses result. Unfortunately, our local vets are useless.. so you're my last hope...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:11 AM
Crowned Member

Hi Narmin & Welcome!

Please describe the lesion in detail.

Go on Google and type in "lupus on dogs nose", then click on images to see if any pictures look similar to your dogs.

Also, check out this article "What is Diseases of the Skin on the Nose?

Read more at: https://wagwalking.com/condition/dis...in-on-the-nose
What is Diseases of the Skin on the Nose?

Moms
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in