Update on Charlie and Looking for Advice
Many of you have asked for updates on how Charlie, our 5.5 year old GSD with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, is doing. As many of you also know, we have been searching for litter-mates in hopes of finding a match for a bone marrow transplant. The transplant would be done at NC State so we made the decision on Sunday evening to transport him to NC State for the continuation of his treatment. We drove all night Sunday night and arrived early Monday morning to see his new oncologist. The team here is planning to be much more aggressive with treatment in an attempt to control the cancer until he can hopefully have the transplant. We have only been able to track down and get samples for matching from 2 dogs, but those samples have been sent off and we're awaiting the results. Ideally, we would like to have at least 5 or 6 potential donors so if you have a dog from Wasko vom Eifelgrund (Sire) and Karley vom Reeboch (Dam) please contact me. Otherwise, Charlie is feeling better than expected. His appetite is good and he would still like to play although that is being limited due to risk of bleeding. If you would like to stay updated on the situation, you can either PM me or follow king.charlie.gsd on Instagram. Thank you all for your kind words, prayers, support, and suggestions.