Strange poop - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

Strange poop

So the main issue there are not really good vet's here in bali and im quite worried as it's not the first time my dog had poop like this, the last time the dr gave us antibiotics and altough it became better it came back. The only option he gives us is antibiotics. Anyone here has similair experience with this type of poop in there dog. It's quite worrying us as it's already the third time he has this. With a few months in between it occurring.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:52 AM

Are you raw feeding this dog?

What do I want? I want a GSD! When do I want it? NOW!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 05:32 AM Thread Starter

No, i do feed him mainly pressure cooked chicken with every day a different organ meat mixed into it. The bones are crumbly after 3 hours and i cook the organ meat. 3x a week he get's yoghurt, plus in the morning i mix his chicken with the chicken soup with timberwolf – platinum formula (grain free) lamb, potatoes & apples formula.

For your info at midnight 3 am he woke me up and the poop was brown, walked with him for about an hour and he pooped a bunch of times. At 7 am he pooped again, later at around 11 am he had this slimy poop after he was already empty. Maybe i am over worried it's my first GSD. But he is now 11 month's old and he had this already 3 times.

He did ate a giant grasshopper the other day that was about 14 cm long.

Below a picture of his dinner two day's ago. Cow intestine and pork liver.

This is the chicken i cook for him what he get's as breakfast minus the dry food. No additives added only chicken and mineral water. (Tap water is dirty here)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 07:43 AM
Elite Member

Is he drinking safe/clean water?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 08:45 AM
Elite Member

Was the vet able to check for Coccidia? Grasshoppers and other bugs can carry it. Did the vet do a stool analyses? I'm wondering if you have farm supply stores around you in Bali the way we do here in more rural areas?

And when you say pressure cooked chicken, you are 100% sure the bones are crumbly? A partially cooked bone can cause real problems and mucous stool could indicate that. Any vomiting?
Sabis mom likes this.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

First of, thanks for all your replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkirk View Post
Is he drinking safe/clean water?
Yes he drinks only mineral water that we get from the 19L gallons. However he does sometimes drinks ricefield water when we walk trough it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometDog View Post
Was the vet able to check for Coccidia? Grasshoppers and other bugs can carry it. Did the vet do a stool analyses? I'm wondering if you have farm supply stores around you in Bali the way we do here in more rural areas?

And when you say pressure cooked chicken, you are 100% sure the bones are crumbly? A partially cooked bone can cause real problems and mucous stool could indicate that. Any vomiting?
This guy eats everything that comes in the house, little lizards, gecko's and crickets. His tail goes up and he goes into hunting mode 🐕.

He did check his blood but never his stool, not sure if he is able to do that. He checked for parasites in his blood.

Yes we have farm supply stores in the area here.

Everytime i give him his food i check some of the big bones if they are ready. Actually 2 hours of pressure cooking does the trick but i do it one hour extra to be sure.

Vomiting he does sometimes in the morning but never after eating its always just stomach fluid. Im quite worried as the vets here just brush it of that his stomach is sensetive and just buy there overpriced food. That is 80% grains.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Crowned Member

With the dog supplementing his diet with bugs and reptiles, I'd think that antibiotics may be in order. I don't know what yuck your bugs and reptiles carry. The feces seem to have a lot of mucus in them and I'd guess that the diet you provide is lacking in vegetables & fiber. In the past I was feeding raw honey from local sources (for allergies) and found that was what led to mucus in the stool.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 06:21 PM
Elite Member

Drinking water from rice fields may be a problem. I carry water for my dog when the weather is hot and humid.

https://healthypets.mercola.com/site...s-in-dogs.aspx
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 09:13 AM
Elite Member

In the absence of vet care (really? the vet wont do a fecal flotation on him?)...read this article for ideas of things you can maybe get at the farm store. I would treat for Coccidia and a broad spectrum dewormer since Coccidia can more easily damage intestinal linings...then later for Giardia if it doesn't work.
https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/pu...is-in-puppies/

Will the vet not even advise you on how or when to administer these things? Sorry you do not have support there.

Definitely end the drinking from the warm standing water when out and about. That could be deadly.

Good luck OP keep us posted.

Valor 6/3/17
CGC BH AD
- 6/3/17
Blitzen 2/21/19

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkirk View Post
Drinking water from rice fields may be a problem. I carry water for my dog when the weather is hot and humid.
I ordered a bottle with flip out drinking plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometDog View Post
In the absence of vet care (really? the vet wont do a fecal flotation on him?)...read this article for ideas of things you can maybe get at the farm store. I would treat for Coccidia and a broad spectrum dewormer since Coccidia can more easily damage intestinal linings...then later for Giardia if it doesn't work.
https://www.whole-dog-journal.com/pu...is-in-puppies/

Will the vet not even advise you on how or when to administer these things? Sorry you do not have support there.

Definitely end the drinking from the warm standing water when out and about. That could be deadly.

Good luck OP keep us posted.
No like i said previously he did a blood test to check for blood parasites and then he concluded he must have hypersensitivity. It's now day three, he woke me up last night one time at 4am and pooped two times, frequency has gone down and his poop is turning a bit more solid. But that might be just the norit.

The funny thing is our previous vet was more concerned with gossiping about her coleges to us or about her husband then with the dog.

His appetite has came back altough he doesnt finishes his full bowl more around 80%. Yesterday he was quite grumpy at his friends when playing outside (neighbour dogs). But today he was more playfull.

He is now 11 months old and its his third time he had a bad diarhea that lasted for plus 3 days.

Previously he was pooping so frequently his anus was bleeding.

Giving him now 3 x 2 norit tablets a day for 5 days as the Dr told me. Contacting other vets if they can do a stool test, but no luck atm. So if the diarhea isnt stopped after 5 days he will provide me with anti biotics.

I will venture tomorrow into the main city to see if i can get some of the meds listed as shown in the link.

Thanks for the links and replies.
CometDog likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page