ISO Littermates for Bone Marrow Donor - German Shepherd Dog Forums
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

ISO Littermates for Bone Marrow Donor

We are currently searching for any dogs born from Wasko vom Eifelgrund (Sire) and Karley vom Reeboch (Dam). Our 5.5 year old GSD, Charlie, was born in 2013 from this Dam and Sire. Last week, he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia which is a very aggressive form of cancer. We are willing to do anything to give him a chance at beating this awful disease. We have been discussing the possibility of a bone marrow transplant with the coordinators at NC State, and the oncology team feels that a transplant could cure him if we are able to get it done quickly. This needs to be done while he's in remission which for this type of cancer may only last for days to weeks. Right now, the holdup is finding a donor. Littermates, parents, and dogs from the same set of parents have the highest likelihood of being a match for the transplant. We would cover any expenses involved and would be willing to offer compensation. Charlie is so important to us and this procedure could save his life. If you have a dog from this set of parents or know of anyone that may, please contact me. I would be happy to discuss the details and answer any questions you may have about the process/procedure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 01:55 AM
Elite Member

I hope this link is helpful in locating litter mates/relatives:

Wasko's Homepage
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Crowned Member

You might be better off checking working dog for progeny and track down owners that way.

Here is the mother
https://us.working-dog.com/dogs-deta...y-vom-Reeboch#

https://us.working-dog.com/dogs-deta...vom-Eifelgrund

Did your breeder not keep in contact with any owners of the breeding? Have contact info for owners?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:08 AM

Sorry, you're going through this. I hope you find what you're looking for. I know this is a stupid question but have you asked your breeder? (Sometimes the simplest questions are the ones that are overlooked.) They may still have the contact info for most of the dogs. If you adopted him from someone else, does that person have the contact info for the breeder? Good luck.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkirk View Post
I hope this link is helpful in locating litter mates/relatives:

Wasko's Homepage
Thank you, but unfortunately his dad passed away.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Crowned Member

The breeder may even own a dog from the same breeding, different litter if the dogs were bred more than once.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax08 View Post
You might be better off checking working dog for progeny and track down owners that way.

Here is the mother
https://us.working-dog.com/dogs-deta...y-vom-Reeboch#

https://us.working-dog.com/dogs-deta...vom-Eifelgrund

Did your breeder not keep in contact with any owners of the breeding? Have contact info for owners?
Thank you for the suggestion. The breeder was able to give us the contact information for the new owner of the mother so I contacted him. I was also able to track down a dog from the litter just a year before from the same mother and father. I sent an email to them last night, but no response yet. As for the other puppies, most of them were sold to a vendor for U.S./Canada Border Services. The breeder said he reached out to the vendor but we haven't received an update.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc68 View Post
Sorry, you're going through this. I hope you find what you're looking for. I know this is a stupid question but have you asked your breeder? (Sometimes the simplest questions are the ones that are overlooked.) They may still have the contact info for most of the dogs. If you adopted him from someone else, does that person have the contact info for the breeder? Good luck.
Thank you for the sympathies. The first thing we did was contact the breeder, but he sold most of the puppies to a vendor for U.S./Canada Border Services. He has contacted that vendor but we haven't received a response.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvShepherds View Post
The breeder may even own a dog from the same breeding, different litter if the dogs were bred more than once.
He doesn't, and he actually doesn't even have the mother anymore. We've reached out to everyone we've been able to find that might have a dog from the same lineage, but we're running out of time and options so I thought by some miracle someone here might have one of the dogs.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gsdmom View Post
Thank you for the sympathies. The first thing we did was contact the breeder, but he sold most of the puppies to a vendor for U.S./Canada Border Services. He has contacted that vendor but we haven't received a response.
Yeah, I suppose it may be tough to track them down. It'll take time, if they really do try to find the dogs. The vendors will be busy with the number of dogs they're dealing with. And trying to locate the dogs that may be working on the border...will take a while to track down, especially dealing with government entities. Some dogs that may not have passed the test and were eventually adopted out may be easier to locate as long as the vendors kept immaculate paper work. Anyway, I truly respect the lengths you are going through to try to save your beloved. I wish you the best and please keep us informed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the German Shepherd Dog Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page