German Shepherds Forum banner

Pls help me heal my gsd

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  Daveglubetich 
#1 ·
Pls help us understand what's happening to my sweetest german sheppard - My 10 months of german sheppard stopped eating anything, slowed down and hides to closet most of the time. just a week ago he was very active, running, jumping all the time but somehow, he lost interest in everything including his appetite in a sudden. we took him to vet, he had ultrasound, xrays, blood work, neurological tests and everything but the doctors still say he's a mystery for us. we're trying to find what happened to him and how he can regain his appetite and active character. one more thing, he had some fever at first and he's using antibiotics and painkillers now in any case of an undiscovered infection by the advice of internal medicine doctor but his fever is normal now and he's not having any pain, still he's not eating, hiding and extremely lethargic. pls help us figure out what's happenning to him and how we can fix him.

#2 ·
Not sure where you are located, but did the Vet check for Lyme disease?

Symptoms of Lyme disease in dogs:
Fever.
Loss of appetite.
Reduced energy.
Lameness (can be shifting, intermittent, and recurring)
Generalized stiffness, discomfort, or pain.
Swelling of joints.

Reactions: CometDog
#16 ·
Does he drink? Maybe you could get some chicken soup in him that way. Are you sitting with him in the closet? That would be comforting to him.

#19 ·
I’d go to A&M too. That sago palm is concerning to me though. I’d definitely have that explored further.

#20 ·
Go to A&M, I agree. They DO have Lyme in Texas. It is not nearly as common, but it is there. Some of the Harvey dogs coming here to our shelters have Lyme and other tick borne diseases. Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and Ehrlichiosis, all tick borne. Did they even check even though not suspected?

Sorry you are going through this :( Definitely get to the University if at all possible!

#21 ·
I know how you are feeling. I went through the same thing about ten years ago with my Bogart. Vets couldn't give me an answer. Asked what I was feeding him. I told them but the foods were not on a list of dog foods contaminated by an ingredient from China that was then killing many dogs. After not eating for several days I started giving him slices of salami (which the vets would never recommend). He started eating and was back to normal in a few days. Years later there was a revised list of contaminated foods which this time had the dry food I was giving Bogart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.